Question about viewing TV programs from overseas - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-01-2012, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure about where to post this but you guys here are the most knowledgeable people I know.

Here is the question, I am thinking about staying overseas for a few months and I would like to know if it is possible to be able to view my TV programs here in the U.S. through the internet overseas. The perfect way would be for me to download the TV programs onto my computer's hard disc so I can watch it at my own pace.

I have looked into Slingbox but not sure if it can do that. Would anything allow me to access my DVR here in the states and download the saved program in my DVR onto my computer via the internet? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-02-2012, 06:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Two things come to mind. One would be if get storage from your ISP and that would have global access. Also, most of television is on the internet. Some is not so good, and commercials can usually not be skipped. I have watched missed episodes on CBS.COM and other networks. It sometimes requires a wait of a day or two before you can stream them.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-02-2012, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post

Two things come to mind. One would be if get storage from your ISP and that would have global access. Also, most of television is on the internet. Some is not so good, and commercials can usually not be skipped. I have watched missed episodes on CBS.COM and other networks. It sometimes requires a wait of a day or two before you can stream them.

Actually I am interested in watch Stock news like on CNBC or Bloomberg TV. I know that the news will be 1 day late however it would still be valuable to me in my stock purchasing decision.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-02-2012, 12:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by csun213 View Post

Actually I am interested in watch Stock news like on CNBC or Bloomberg TV. I know that the news will be 1 day late however it would still be valuable to me in my stock purchasing decision.

If CNBC.COM or your broker's web site are not enough I can't think of anything better.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page