DRM-2001G can not record from HD to DVD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 12-18-2012, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have tried everything. but can not seem to record from HD to DVD.
I can record directly to DVD from external source fine.
The on screen instructions say I have to hit add to choose the file but I get a
symbol that says I cant do that. I hit record and symbol for cant do it comes on again.
THe symbol is a hand with a red circle with a line thru it.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

I can record to HD or to DVD but moving HD files to DVD - no way.

THanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 12-19-2012, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 65

What's the brand name of this recorder? Sounds like you're running into copy protection signals on your recorded shows made to the hard drive. ''Record Once''-recording to the hard drive, but preventing dubbing to disc from it.

Are using a cable box, if so, what's the name of your cable co and the cable box brand?

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #3 of 9 Old 12-19-2012, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 90
The 2001 is a Polaroid, and it could also be that the title is too large to copy to the DVD, just guessing though since I've never used a Polo.
post #4 of 9 Old 12-19-2012, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westly-C View Post

What's the brand name of this recorder? Sounds like you're running into copy protection signals on your recorded shows made to the hard drive. ''Record Once''-recording to the hard drive, but preventing dubbing to disc from it.
Are using a cable box, if so, what's the name of your cable co and the cable box brand?

The Polaroid 2001 is remarkably INsensitive to CP. I have used mine as a CP filter as it removes any such peculiarities from the video signal. It was a good thought, but that definitely is not the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

The 2001 is a Polaroid, and it could also be that the title is too large to copy to the DVD, just guessing though since I've never used a Polo.

I suppose this is possible.

My problem is, though I have one, I have never made a DVD with it because the editing capabilities are so rudimentary. frown.gif I wonder if there is a setup parameter that is improperly configured.?

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #5 of 9 Old 12-19-2012, 03:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post
My problem is, though I have one, I have never made a DVD with it because the editing capabilities are so rudimentary. frown.gif

Isn't is also monaural? Or is that just from the tuner?

post #6 of 9 Old 12-19-2012, 04:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

My problem is, though I have one, I have never made a DVD with it because the editing capabilities are so rudimentary. frown.gif

Isn't is also monaural? Or is that just from the tuner?

You could be right about that. I never used the tuner getting all my television from DirecTV, and I can record stereo from the line inputs. All in all, a poor machine, but I paid very little for it, so I am not unhappy.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #7 of 9 Old 12-20-2012, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
As Church Av Guy said, it is overall a poor machine. They tend to fail a lot with error codes that won't go away, even freshly refurbished machines.

I haven't had mine hooked up for awhile, and it's possible you just are not starting the dubbing process correctly, but I believe one flaw of the machine had to do with these dubbing issues.

Yes, the Polaroid is not stereo, and one problem when using it to record from TV channels is the audio was very faint unless you cranked volume up to the max. Various issues could be fixed via a factory refurbish, but that often failed and you were left with an error code on boot after which the machine was non respondant. One Ebay seller told me every refurbished machine he sold came back.

I use mine for the component inputs, which will pass HD and strip CP, even with the machine off (on certain models). Of course anything recorded to the HDD or DVD will be SD. Image quality through the component ins was unrivaled in terms of color saturation, contrast, and sharpness, but good luck getting a well behaved machine. I hook mine up to an Oppo BDP-95 universal BR/DVD player, the last Oppo which was equipped with component outs and will pass HD wink.gif.
post #8 of 9 Old 12-23-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I use mine for the component inputs, which will pass HD and strip CP, even with the machine off (on certain models). Of course anything recorded to the HDD or DVD will be SD. Image quality through the component ins was unrivaled in terms of color saturation, contrast, and sharpness, but good luck getting a well behaved machine.

That is exactly what I am using mine for right now. In terms of a DVD recorder, it's not great, but in terms of CP filter, it IS great, and the component inputs are great too. Now if I could just marry those aspects to a Maxnavox tuner, and the Panasonic editing features, it would be a really excellent machine. Sigh... rolleyes.gif

Luke

post #9 of 9 Old 03-31-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmellnik View Post

I have tried everything. but can not seem to record from HD to DVD.
I can record directly to DVD from external source fine.
The on screen instructions say I have to hit add to choose the file but I get a
symbol that says I cant do that. I hit record and symbol for cant do it comes on again.
THe symbol is a hand with a red circle with a line thru it.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

I can record to HD or to DVD but moving HD files to DVD - no way.

THanks
Insert blank dvd, wait to load,Use the ADD/CLEAR button to select the HDD files to burn. a yellow and red check will mark the file and a line at top will tell you the percentage of dvd that you have left to burn to . Dont press it by getting to close to 100 percent it needas room to think. 93 is safe. Settings has several selections that will let you adjust the long play to over 400 minutes. when your ready press record. it takes a while . after recording you have to finalize. yellow light will show up in the left top corner. when that goes out it's done
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page