CAN'T RECORD NETFLIX ANYMORE TO PANNY - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 95 Old 01-10-2014, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if I went from the hdmi out on my pc video card into the hdmi input on the converter then into the S video on my Panny dvd recorder if it would record ??? or does that video card hdmi output only work with a video display hooked up to it ??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 95 Old 01-10-2014, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 89

I see no reason it wouldn't work, you should then be able to record that signal with your DVDR.

diverted likes this.
post #93 of 95 Old 01-10-2014, 09:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Here's hoping....Been busy with a ton 'o' other projects lately and haven't sat down to experiment much but will keep you posted on outcome....Was just concerned that when you hook up a 2nd display via the video card it goes into specifics about what kind of "display" you're hooking up etc so wasn't sure how it would "feel" about sensing some kind of converter asking questions lol....Thx for the speedy response jjeff....DT
post #94 of 95 Old 01-11-2014, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked: 89

When you test things I'd try the various resolutions(480i/p/720p/1080i(if available)) and see if one gives you a better picture than another. I've seen it either way, some converters do a better job starting out with a higher resolution and downconverting it to 480i and some work better starting out with 480i/p and doing as little down conversion as possible.

It's possible if your pc has 2 video outputs that it may disable one output when using the HDMI output(HDMI has the ability to do such things) but I just don't know. If it did you could still monitor things through the converter(through your DVDR) but you might not still have the better quality direct connection to look at while using the HDMI. I'm just speculating on my paragraph, it's possible both will work simultaneously with no problem.

post #95 of 95 Old 06-26-2014, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post
Noticed an interesting note at the bottom of the HDfury page you linked - they're still pissing and moaning about getting stepped on by the hdcp consortium, but the part that interests me is they're pointing out the procedure to kill HDCP on a samsung DVD player

Who wants more?
Now if that is not enough to convince you, let us tell you that ALL manufacturers, the very same that are also part of the HDCP consortium, included escape trick in their sources devices. Some would need firmware upgrade, some would need special service disk, some would just need remote control sequence.
As an example for a Samsung HD850, the HDCP free mode can be reached as follow:
1. Power “ON” – “no disk” showing on display
2. Press “Angle” on the Samsung remote
3. Press “4 3 2 7″
4. Press “Angle” again – OSD will show “HDCP Free” confirming the changes.

wonder if the same feature or capability exists on other DVD players and if so, the procedure must be listed in the unit service manual - anyone have a service manual for any dvd player?
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page