Panasonic EH55 - HDMI Died - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-03-2013, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The other night after watching something from the hdd, I couldn't get the unit to respond to commands from the remote pertaining to the Direct Navigator. I couldn't delete the show I just watched, for example. I couldn't edit it at all.

I turned off the unit and the next morning for some reason, those functions worked again. I deleted the show from the previous night, did a high speed dub from a disc to the hdd, and watched a show from the hdd via the HDMI output.

Later that night, when I turned the machine on again, there was no picture or sound via the HDMI output. I looked at the settings and the page where you set the HDMI stuff had it set to "ON", but all the other options were grayed out. I tried turning that off and back on, even with doing the same with the unit, but always it came back with HDMI set to on, but all the others gray. And no picture or sound.

I was able to get the unit to output a signal via RCA cables.

But has anyone had the HDMI port just die like that?

Mike, if you read this, is this a problem you can fix?

Thanks for any help or advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-03-2013, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyean View Post

The other night after watching something from the hdd, I couldn't get the unit to respond to commands from the remote pertaining to the Direct Navigator. I couldn't delete the show I just watched, for example. I couldn't edit it at all.

I turned off the unit and the next morning for some reason, those functions worked again. I deleted the show from the previous night, did a high speed dub from a disc to the hdd, and watched a show from the hdd via the HDMI output.

Later that night, when I turned the machine on again, there was no picture or sound via the HDMI output. I looked at the settings and the page where you set the HDMI stuff had it set to "ON", but all the other options were grayed out. I tried turning that off and back on, even with doing the same with the unit, but always it came back with HDMI set to on, but all the others gray. And no picture or sound.

I was able to get the unit to output a signal via RCA cables.

But has anyone had the HDMI port just die like that?

Mike, if you read this, is this a problem you can fix?

Thanks for any help or advice.

This could be a "handshake issue" if the EH55 is powered on before the TV is powered on.

This is just a guess as I don't use HDMI connectivity with any of my Panasonic recorders.

I have a Toshiba and a Magnavox connected via HDMI but I don't use those recorders on a regular basis.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page