Panasonic Remote - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Which remote does the DMR-EZ37V use EUR7659T50 or EUR7659T60 or would either work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwpl View Post

Which remote does the DMR-EZ37V use EUR7659T50 or EUR7659T60 or would either work?

Any genuine Panasonic DVD Recorder remote will work with the DMR-EZ37. (The Panasonic OEM remote is the EUR7659T60.)

For full functionality with a remote there are two buttons you should look for in a Panasonic replacement remote. Since the EZ37 is a VHS/DVD model the remote should have a Drive Select button to switch between VHS and DVD. Since the EZ37 has a digital tuner the remote should have the dash (or decimal point) button for direct entry of digital sub-channels.

Since the digital sub-channels may also be accessed by the channel up/down buttons and there is a Drive Select button on the recorder's front panel a remote with those features isn't absolutely necessary.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #3 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo View Post

Any genuine Panasonic DVD Recorder remote will work with the DMR-EZ37.

For full functionality with a remote there are two buttons you should look for in a Panasonic replacement remote. Since the EZ37 is a VHS/DVD model the remote should have a Drive Select button to switch between VHS and DVD. Since the EZ37 has a digital tuner the remote should have the dash (or decimal point) button for direct entry of digital sub-channels.

Since the digital sub-channels may also be accessed by the channel up/down buttons and there is a Drive Select button on the recorder's front panel a remote with those features isn't absolutely necessary.
Thanks, I figured my DMR ES20 remote would work (minus drive select). Just want to copy some things from my cable company DVR to disks before returning it, my ES is down found inexpensive EZ37 with no remote on ebay.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwpl View Post

Thanks, I figured my DMR ES20 remote would work (minus drive select). Just want to copy some things from my cable company DVR to disks before returning it, my ES is down found inexpensive EZ37 with no remote on ebay.

Before you purchase a DVD Recorder of unknown condition see this post for routine DVD Drive servicing and basic diagnostic advice:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1055071/panasonic-2006-and-newer-dvd-drive-hub-spindle-cleaning-and-reassembly-complications/0_60#post_14479898

A better alternative to an eBay purchase might be Craig's List. See this thread for advice:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1281815/panasonic-recorders-on-craig-s-list-some-advice/0_60

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #5 of 5 Old 02-25-2013, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

I will fix the ES myself if I can if not have someone do it, will probably give to my brother. I wanted one with digital tuner anyway.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page