Burn downloaded videos in multi-session to play on DVD player - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 03-03-2013, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want to download videos and add them to the same DVD in DVD video format after ejecting and reinserting the DVD. Imgburn apparently will not do that. Burnaware claims "you also will be able to create bootable or multisession discs" but when I try it I find only single session is possible, Nero was not easy to work with to my recollection. My Applian software does only single session. Any recommendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 03-03-2013, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 45

If I'm understanding you correctly, you want to take a file, burn it to disc on the pc, eject the disc, come back at a later time, burn another vid file to the same disc, repeat same, until you've collected ''x'' number of files. I'm not sure there's a dvd software program that would allow you to eject a disc without finalizing (closing it to further changes), then open it again to add more. You could save the vid files to a flash driove, and after you've collected the desired number, them create a single dvd.

A free authoring software program that creates very simple dvds with menus, is DVD Flick. http://www.dvdflick.net/features.php

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #3 of 12 Old 03-03-2013, 09:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 185
DVD video is one session per disk because of the structure. Data can be Multi-Session but that is a very bad idea. I leave it to Google to tell you why. Hint: 'multisession dvd problems'. Pony up the $.25 and use a fresh disk.
post #4 of 12 Old 03-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by giemorthot View Post

I want to download videos and add them to the same DVD in DVD video format after ejecting and reinserting the DVD.

Do you mean with the VIDEO_TS, AUDIO_TS, folders? Or only MPEG-2 Videos?
post #5 of 12 Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by profhat View Post

Do you mean with the VIDEO_TS, AUDIO_TS, folders? Or only MPEG-2 Videos?

I do not know. I want to find out what is possible, or not, when it comes to downloading videos of various length to a storage medium and viewing them on a TV. It would be convenient to be able to add videos on different occasions until the DVD is full, even after ejecting and reinserting the DVD. If as olyteddy indicates, it can't be done in that sort of multi session manner for video, then that is what I want to know about.

For all I know, maybe videos could be downloaded to an external hard drive and play on TV in some way I don't know about. I just want to download, store, and view on a TV in the most flexible and convenient manner.
post #6 of 12 Old 03-05-2013, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:

For all I know, maybe videos could be downloaded to an external hard drive and play on TV in some way I don't know about. I just want to download, store, and view on a TV in the most flexible and convenient manner.
Yes, you can. There is a whole AVS forum on media players -- here. A popular media player is the WDTV Live-SMP. It plays just about any format you throw at it. You can download your titles to a portable USB HDD, plug it into the Live-SMP and play them on your TV. No authoring or burning disks involved. Add, keep, delete titles at will.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #7 of 12 Old 03-06-2013, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

This is an excellent forum with helpful contributors. Kelson, olyteddy, and Westly-C have told me what I need to know that I could not figure out from hours of prior searching. I feel like I know what I am doing now. Thank you all. smile.gif
post #8 of 12 Old 03-06-2013, 09:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

I want to download videos and add them to the same DVD in DVD video format after ejecting and reinserting the DVD. Imgburn apparently will not do that. Burnaware claims "you also will be able to create bootable or multisession discs" but when I try it I find only single session is possible, Nero was not easy to work with to my recollection. My Applian software does only single session. Any recommendations?

I'm confused.

This isn't the videohelp.com forum.

This is a forum for discussion of stand-alone DVD recorders. Boxes that serve a particular function. They're household appliances. They're not computer software programs.

The above mentioned site would really be the better place to take this.
post #9 of 12 Old 03-06-2013, 10:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
I'm confused.

This isn't the videohelp.com forum.

This is a forum for discussion of stand-alone DVD recorders. Boxes that serve a particular function. They're household appliances. They're not computer software programs.

The above mentioned site would really be the better place to take this.

True, but we are flexible. biggrin.gif

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #10 of 12 Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 304
And tolerant. wink.gif

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #11 of 12 Old 03-07-2013, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just would have directed him to the right forum. Those guys have all sorts of resources to draw on, and it is their area of expertise.
post #12 of 12 Old 03-07-2013, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 185
I don't know about you but I would have posted the same message (DON'T use multi-session with DVDs) on Videohelp or MyCE. That the poster asked here is not something to get upset about.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page