Panasonic DMR-EH60 International model - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2013, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Saw this on eBay. Is this really usable in the US?

I noticed it has the SCART connectors, and the manual top page shows regions 2, 3, and 4. Also includes an AC adapter for US use. I assume it has IRE 0 and PAL.

Can it record NTSC? Any other cautions to be aware of?

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 99
The EH-60 is the '05 EH-50's big brother. While the EH-50 has a 100GB HDD the EH-60 has a 200GB.
It would be pretty much guaranteed to be just a 0 IRE recorder like all international Panasonics. If your feeding it from a DVD player you should be good to go as long as it has the DARKER setting that most older ones seem to have(Sonys, Panasonics and Samsungs for sure but I don't believe Pioneers).
It won't have a IR blaster if you care about that and according to the pictures it has a option for NTSC as well as PAL. It also looks to have a universal power supply although the label on the back only says 240v.
If its not region free it will only play other regions DVDs but will record all region which is all I care about, I never play commercial DVDs in my recorders.
All in all it looks to be a nice machine, especially if it stayed under $100, if it got near $200 I'd probably wait for a international EH-59 which can be occasionally found at B&H as customer returns for $220-$250 and would be a newer design and electronics.
Oh remember international Panasonics have NO US tuner, not even analog channel 3/4, everything must be done through the line inputs for NTSC(60 Hz N. American use).