Philips DVDR3576H/37 no longer records to RW, only R - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-25-2013, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi, my Philips DVDR3576H/37 is maybe 4 or 5 years old, way out of warranty. Until fairly recently, I could record onto +R. -R, +RW, and -RW with no problems. All of a sudden I can't use RW, but R DVD's are still OK to record on. If I put a blank -RW disc in the machine, it just stays stuck on "loading" making all kinds of whirrs and clicks, and never finishes loading, even after 10 minutes, and can't choose Dubbing from the menu. On a +RW, seems like it loads, but Dubbing still greyed out. If I try to erase the +RW. it goes up to almost 100%, then an error message comes up "cannot record to this disc, Error E 3 28031100". I can record to -R's fine. I tried unplugging the unit, and keeping it off for an hour, thinking maybe everything will reset when turned back on, as well as the Reset All option under Settings/General Setup. I tried cleaning DVD's, and setting the compatibility setting to ON. Nothing works. Any ideas? Any special menues to reset the whole thing, or firmware updates, or does the RW function just seem toasted?

Another thing I noticed is, even thought I had it hooked up to a tube analog TV until about a year ago, via S-Video, picture was great. I bought a Vizio flat screen about a year ago, and all channels as well as recordings are quite dark. The Vizio's built in tuner is fine, as well as my PC which I also have in via HDMI. I even tried different HDMI cables for the Philips, and doesn't help. pic just way too dark. And even though I understand it only records to the hard drive or DVDs in 480 resolution, the Philips tuner seems stuck in 480 quality when viewed on my new TV, no matter where I set the Philips resolution, as it has settings for 480/720/1080. Thanks in advance for any help on either of these issues.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page