Error Message on Magnavox H2160MW9A Recorder - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-04-2013, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Today, I went through three blank DVDs that my recorder will not dub to. I am trying to dub from the HDD to the disks and keep getting the same error message, "Recording Error Can not record on this Disk E22".

I am using good DVDs I am sure, JVC Taiyo Yuden Silver Lacquer Printable 8X DVD+R Media 100 Pack in Cake Box. Two DVDs were from an old spindle yet untouched, and I opened a brand new package and have the same problem.

I think the issue is related to the recorder, not the disks. When I try to dub, the dubbing process begins and the fan motor gets really loud, much louder than I ever heard before and then the error message pops up.

Is there anything I can do to reset the recorder?

Also, I have had this recorder for a few years and on rare occasions a disk may not dub properly but never have I had three consecutive failures.

I also read through all the troubleshooting causes for this error message in the manual but none of it is helpful other than possible damage to my HDD.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am surprised at this forum. What happened to Citbear and Wajo? I made a new thread and not a single post of feedback? I guess the experts left this site.

Anyway, I solved the problem on my own and thanks to Google searches which turned out Wajo who posted on this website on a similar topic three years ago. I had to pull the plug from this device from the outlet for over a half hour, reconnect it, and then I re-set the clock on manual (not sure if this mattered or not) but pulling the plug to the power supply for over a half hour did the trick.

The unit then worked flawlessly. It had some glitch in it.

I'm happy this issue is resolved but not sure what is going on here, no help from anyone, no suggestion, oh well.
post #3 of 6 Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
People who post here regularly aren't necessarily on-line 24/7. smile.gif There were only six hours between your two posts. My guess: you just missed them. If you had given them 24 hours, I'm sure you would have gotten an answer. They are still here.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #4 of 6 Old 04-04-2013, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisophous View Post

I am surprised at this forum. What happened to Citbear and Wajo? I made a new thread and not a single post of feedback? I guess the experts left this site.

Anyway, I solved the problem on my own and thanks to Google searches which turned out Wajo who posted on this website on a similar topic three years ago... I'm happy this issue is resolved but not sure what is going on here, no help from anyone, no suggestion, oh well.

As I type this post Wajo's sticky thread has 23,460 posts with 2,462,918 views. The answers to most Magnavox and Philips questions are sure to be found there.

AVS "Search This Forum" or "Search This Thread" are your friends and they don't waste your time like Google, Bing and other general interest search engines. Most anything at AVS can be found in less than five minutes as long as one carefully selects the "keyword."

I used to post and hang-out here quite a lot. Due to increasing demands upon my time I might be able to squeeze in 10 minutes a day for AVS. After all, some of us have lives outside of AVS, TCM, and BenzWorld.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #5 of 6 Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

People who post here regularly aren't necessarily on-line 24/7. smile.gif There were only six hours between your two posts.
Us older guys drink a lot of coffee and take a lot longer in the bathroom these days. wink.gif

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #6 of 6 Old 04-05-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 49
We're still here, sisophous. smile.gif Just not as active as we once were, what with DVD recorders vanishing off the face of the earth recently.

It's just gotten to a point now where it doesn't pay to try and answer some of these recurring Magnavox questions: the things are prone to all manner of glitches, with overlapping solutions that range from obvious to obscure to incurable. I gave up on my 513 and 2160 when they became utterly flummoxed simply trying to tune the flagship Fox 5 primary off-air channel here in NYC. The joke of these machines stopped being funny a long time ago: they either work great for you, or they don't. You either put up with their incessant hiccups, or you tire of it and move on.

I'm not particularly comfortable suggesting the generic AVS "search" mechanism for Magnavox questions. Since several members here have essentially volunteered themselves as Magnavox gurus, and keep the 20,000 convoluted Magnavox posts indexed in their brains for immediate referral, the best course for anyone with a Magnavox issue is to send one of these members a PM if they don't respond to your posted query within 72 hours. You're more likely to get targeted advice for your specific problem that way.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page