Magnavox MDR515H/F7 DVR usage with Direct TV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-21-2013, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Magnavox MDR515H/F7 DVR that I have been using with my cable television. My DVR was manufactured in Sept 2010. We are now going to change to standard definition Direct TV. Will my Magnavox 515 work with Direct TV? Will I be able to record all the stations I get on Direct TV to the dvr? How should I set it up? Thank you for your help with this!!

smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-22-2013, 06:35 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134

With satellite, you won't use the Mag's tuner (unless you also connect an antenna or cable feed), so you'll connect as shown in Sketch 4 here.

Then, recording from the STB or copying from a DVR will be as described here. See also TIPS farther down that page.

Click the 1st link in my signature for a list of other help files.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 5 Old 04-22-2013, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for the help!!........ I will try this when I have the Direct TV guy here to set up the satellite.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-27-2013, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

the Satellite is now connected to my dvr via the L1 connection and the ant in. the L1 connection appears to be a better signal than the ant in. L1 is displayed on the front display of the 515. How do I set up everything now to get all the different channels to record via the specific sat channel. Right now when I try a timed recording of a show it displays the L1 for the timed recording channel. So I have to have the sat box set to the specific channel I want to record (203, 24 etc) to record a channel. L1 records whatever the sat box is set to.....So how do I do a timed recording with the sat box on a different channel? is it possible to do this or am I stuck doing it this way now? Is there some way for the dvr to recognize the sat stations?
post #5 of 5 Old 04-27-2013, 08:45 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdias View Post

the Satellite is now connected to my dvr via the L1 connection and the ant in. the L1 connection appears to be a better signal than the ant in. L1 is displayed on the front display of the 515. How do I set up everything now to get all the different channels to record via the specific sat channel. Right now when I try a timed recording of a show it displays the L1 for the timed recording channel. So I have to have the sat box set to the specific channel I want to record (203, 24 etc) to record a channel. L1 records whatever the sat box is set to.....So how do I do a timed recording with the sat box on a different channel? is it possible to do this or am I stuck doing it this way now? Is there some way for the dvr to recognize the sat stations?

Click the link in my Post #2 above, which gives info and instructions, incl. TIPS for DirecTV users on setting coordinated timer programs.

Your timer programs should show L1 as the source, so that's correct.

As I said above, your Mag cannot decrypt the sat signal so the tuner is useless (unless you also connect an indoor or outdoor antenna or a cable feed for extra channels).

|
|
|
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner
Gear in this thread - Mdr515h by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page