Mag MDR513H Timer Rec & Tuning Problems Since Autochannel Preset Re-Scan (Cable An/Dig) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-11-2013, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have two MDR513's w/ FW upgrades. Comcast Basic Cable (Pleasantville, NJ), no STB, cable > splitter > to each DVR and my Sony TV. The DVRs' comp outs go to TV.

Everything was fine until I re-scanned a few days ago with the Autochannel Preset Scan for analog/digital cable, thinking there might be new channels added. I discovered, later, with already programmed timer settings for ch 6.1 (Philly ABC) and !2.1, 12.2, & 12.3 (Philly PBS: WHYY, YArts, YInfo) it records black screen with "Scramble Program" [ScProg]. All other channels are fine. It doesn't record the "Scramble Program" banner, only a black screen.

Direct enter (not in timer setting, but live) these channels, it goes to "ScProg" showing DTV 12.1, 6.1, etc., any of the four affected.

Ch +/- rocker tunes (not in timer setting, but llive) regular 12.1, 6.1, etc. and will time record as long as machine is not turned off or it doesn't have to change to these channels while left turned on. If I tune this way (not timer rec) and turn the machine off; when I turn it back on, it will be on the "ScProg" station (instead of the one it was left on) which also displays DTV 12.1, 6.1, etc.

Ch +/- tunes several new 6.* Spanish language channels that I didn't have before, but does not tune a "ScProg" 6.1, and does not tune the 12.* "ScProg" channels.

I did several re-scans, soft reset, and the clean-tuner preset with no difference.

My TV gets these channels, as before, with no STB needed. Comcast will not help unless you use an STB which I don't need or want.

The Manual Preset box shows the main channel # and: ( _ _ _ ) but no way to enter anything within ( )'s.

Does anyone have a suggestion? The more I read through threads, the more confused I get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-11-2013, 07:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1819 Post(s)
Liked: 1062
The FCC has granted cable companies permission to scramble all their digital channels thus requiring subscribers to use a STB. Are all your digital channels scrambled? Are you only receiving the analogs?

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #3 of 4 Old 05-11-2013, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

The FCC has granted cable companies permission to scramble all their digital channels thus requiring subscribers to use a STB. Are all your digital channels scrambled? Are you only receiving the analogs?

I've had all digital channels for some time now. I receive all the channels on my Sony TV (and Mag except for this new problem) unscrambled with no STB. (I have "Basic Cable" so no premium or extra-cost channels.) The channels come in fine when I use the Ch +/- rocker switch. I didn't have the problem until I re-scanned.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-12-2013, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

The FCC has granted cable companies permission to scramble all their digital channels...

The FCC, always working for the good of Americans.

"That's sarcasm isn't it? I thought so."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page