Need a DVR for CCTV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-12-2013, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so here's the deal. We have two services at our church but only one pastor. So we have the sermon live streamed to the other end of the building where the contemporary service is. The problem with this is we have to time our service perfectly to tune in to the Sermon on time. It is streamed over ethernet and hooked up to a switch that outputs standard def RCA. We need to be able to record the sermon and start it 5 minutes late if need be. A PVR/DVR that can interface with a PC would be preferred so the menus can be navigated behind the scenes. Can anyone suggest a device with this capability?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi, since you need a real PC interface DVR, your best option will be to buy or build a Home Theather PC or HTPC.

I'd like to suggest other options, like this complete surveillance PVR (compatible with your cameras, I guess): the LG LE5008D-NH.

But since I'm not sure if the Government is tracking this forum, I'm afraid you will have to Google that model and its inputs/outputs.
post #3 of 5 Old 06-13-2013, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If I were to build a HTPC what sort of graphics card would I need to accept SD component input?
post #4 of 5 Old 06-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Polo Hobo View Post

If I were to build a HTPC what sort of graphics card would I need to accept SD component input?

Since you take the HTPC route, here is their main forum:

http://www.avsforum.com/f/26/home-theater-computers

Ask for Kelson advice, he's like a Guru in this things (but surely some Hauppauge card will be the answer).
post #5 of 5 Old 06-13-2013, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Polo Hobo View Post

Ok so here's the deal. We have two services at our church but only one pastor. So we have the sermon live streamed to the other end of the building where the contemporary service is. The problem with this is we have to time our service perfectly to tune in to the Sermon on time. It is streamed over ethernet and hooked up to a switch that outputs standard def RCA. We need to be able to record the sermon and start it 5 minutes late if need be. A PVR/DVR that can interface with a PC would be preferred so the menus can be navigated behind the scenes. Can anyone suggest a device with this capability?

We do a similar function that you are describing, but we just do it with a Panasonic DVD recorder. We start the recording when the pastor starts preaching, and whenever the satellite service (yeah, that's what they call it, sometimes a satellite venue) when it's ready, we use the chase-play feature. We are using a video projector, and we just leave it on a blank screen (just a button on the remote control) until the sermon is needed and there you go. Afterwards, we make a DVD of the service for shut-ins. Chase play can be used anything like 5 seconds after the start of the content, to any time after that. We are using a Panasonic DMR EH67, but an even better unit is currently available at B&H photo video. They have the more modern HD59/69 models. At the moment, they also have used products for each of these models, available at seriously lower prices, if that's an issue. This is a really simple way of doing the satellite service since the education time necessary to learn the system is almost nothing--just press record when he starts, and when you want the other service to start, press play. It knows to play the same title it is currently recording, then enable the projector.

We do our services the opposite of the way you have described the way you do yours. The contemporary service is the one with the pastor, and the traditional is the satellite venue.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Lg Le5008d Nh 8 Channel H 264 Hybrid D1 Real Time Recording Security Dvr Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page