Phillips 3605 DVDR recording quality - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 07-12-2013, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi, just recently i got my Phillips 3506 dvdr up and running again and i tried to do some recording. I tried recording my ps3 but the quality came out horrific. Is there anything i can change or do to get the best quality?
P.S. the only thing i remember it saying in rec. mode was spp 2.5 hours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 03:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 142

The mfgr doesn't really want you to record game play so they generally make the analog output(s) p-poor quality. You might be able to use a HDMI or Component to Composite/S-Video converter to get that higher-quality output to be recordable on a DVDR.

PHILIPS HD DVRs | MAG/PHILIPS SD DVDRs* | DVDR/DVR COMPARISONS | POST-DVDR OPTIONS
*Due to the AVS SW change in June 2014, most but not all links in this thread will work if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, links should work if your User CP > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show per Page is set to 30, the default.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Run your sources SD output directly to your TV, you won't get better than that, if it looks OK try running it through your DVDR but not recording(watching it live from your DVDRs best output) if it still looks OK then try recording in the SP mode, if it still looks noticeably worse than live(from your sources SD output) you might have a DVDR problem, it shouldn't look much worse than live if using SP or better.

Tags
Philips Dvdr3506 Hi Def 1080p Up Conversion Dvd Player Recorder