What equipment do I need for burning hd programd from dish dvr? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 08-31-2013, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction to what is needed to burn from dish dvr to dvd.
Is this possible? I see on my torrent sites that its being done. I would like to contribute and keep dvd `s for grand kids. Help !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-31-2013, 03:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134

DVDs are std def (480i) and will convert your HD DVR files to std def ("DVD quality")..

One option is a standalone std def box like the Magnavox 53x Series HDD/DVD recorder. See the help file subject "Copying from a DVR...." here.

Click any of the buttons or text links on that page (top, bottom or in between subjects) to go to the main list of info and help files on the Mags.

P..S. You'd better leave them the recorder you buy or a DVD player with those DVDs... they're all becoming obsolete! :)

The Mag 53x Series is most likely the last of the breed in the DVD (std def) world.

You could also look into copying them to your computer with on-board DVD recorder and approp. SW to copy video files and create DVDs, but then those are also going to be obsolete in the grandkid age... might have to leave them your computer, with instructions on how to use a keyboard... no "mind-meld" or "gesture" operations for that old computer! :D

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #3 of 6 Old 09-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi, the easy option is the Maggy 535 or 537.

Of course you also can buy a Home Teather Personal Computer (HTPC) with HDMI input ports, so you can keep a HD video.

Other options are the Hauppauge HDPVR-2

Or the Pixel Magic MTV 7000 Mini
post #4 of 6 Old 09-15-2013, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Also realize that this transfer has to be done in real time. For example to burn a 2 hr movie to DVD, you have to play the movie back on your Dish DVR and record it the whole 2 hrs, tying up your main screen all that time. Either that or record on the DVD and Dish DVR simultaneously. And you may not be able to record everything. Some things may be copy protected, especially if you use HDMI.

post #5 of 6 Old 09-15-2013, 04:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by profhat View Post

Or the Pixel Magic MTV 7000 Mini
How will you burn to DVD from the Pixel Magic -- assuming you have a friend in china willing to ship you one.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #6 of 6 Old 09-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

How will you burn to DVD from the Pixel Magic -- assuming you have a friend in china willing to ship you one.

Yeah I forget that the Mini has a weird usb/lan output format.

With the original you can copy the files to your PC and then just to burn a DVD or a Blu-Ray (if you want).
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page