Dubbing Direct TV to Magnavox MDR533H question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 09-26-2013, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I am new at this and not sure of the terminology used here. I review a lot of posts but haven't found what I am looking for although I a sure it is probably posted.

Is it possible to do a high speed dub from the DIRECTV HD DVR hard drive to the Magnavox MDR533H hard drive? Or must it be recorded at normal speed (ie: 1 hour show takes 1 hour to record)?

Thanks in advance from a newbie.

Dale

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-26-2013, 10:17 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainjack View Post

I am new at this and not sure of the terminology used here. I review a lot of posts but haven't found what I am looking for although I a sure it is probably posted.

Is it possible to do a high speed dub from the DIRECTV HD DVR hard drive to the Magnavox MDR533H hard drive? Or must it be recorded at normal speed (ie: 1 hour show takes 1 hour to record)?

Copying from an external source is always in real time.

For anyone not familiar with copying from an external source, here's a help file section on it.

post #3 of 3 Old 09-27-2013, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainjack View Post

Dale

This is what I do all the time, going from my DirecTV DVRs to my DVD recorders. It can only be done as a realtime process. The video data stored on your DirecTV DVR is not in a format that any other device can understand, certainly not a Magnavox DVD recorder.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page