Funai problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-30-2013, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi iam nw here so please bear with me!! Ok I have a Funai hdr b2735d recorder nice interface and easy to use. Here is the problem: the dvd section will no longer format disks even though they are the correct ones and have used these in the past. Have cleaned the laser with cotton bud and a little water this worked for a while now it won't even record to a previously formated disk?
I have looked at the pcb that the deck is connected to
For any pots that may be adjusted but can't see any.
Any ideas what is wrong and apart from the laser what other component(s) might need changing and where can you succesfully get parts for this recorder many thanks smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2013, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funai-Guy View Post

Hi iam nw here so please bear with me!! Ok I have a Funai hdr b2735d recorder nice interface and easy to use. Here is the problem: the dvd section will no longer format disks even though they are the correct ones and have used these in the past. Have cleaned the laser with cotton bud and a little water this worked for a while now it won't even record to a previously formated disk?
I have looked at the pcb that the deck is connected to
For any pots that may be adjusted but can't see any.
Any ideas what is wrong and apart from the laser what other component(s) might need changing and where can you succesfully get parts for this recorder many thanks smile.gif

You might want to clean the rubber hub atop the DVD Drive turntable. See this post:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/940657/magnavox-537-535-533-515-513-2160a-2160-2080-philips-3576-3575/12240_60#post_19647592

To find a Funai Service Centre in the UK ring-up 0870-3833010 or email service@funai-uk.com for more information.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
Old 10-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Acording to Funai your DVD MECHANISM & DVD/HDD MAIN CBA ASSEMBLY is Part Number: N78GMBBN

Anyway check here the Service Manual. Good luck.

http://elektrotanya.com/funai_hdr-a2635-a2835-b2735-d2835-e434aed_bed_cbd_eed.pdf/download.html