My Panasonic DVR stopped working - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 10-21-2013, 08:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a DMR EZ48KV DVR unit that appears to have stopped working after a strong thunderstorm in the area. My biggest concern right now is that I have several DVDs that were recorded but not finalized. I've tried to load them on a Windows XP box (SP3) using an HP 1260t DVD reader/writer, but it won't recognizes them. I thought that perhaps I could use something like Nero to finalize them. Any thoughts on how I might save these non-finalized DVDs?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-22-2013, 12:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wid3scr33n View Post

I have a DMR EZ48KV DVR unit that appears to have stopped working after a strong thunderstorm in the area. My biggest concern right now is that I have several DVDs that were recorded but not finalized. I've tried to load them on a Windows XP box (SP3) using an HP 1260t DVD reader/writer, but it won't recognizes them. I thought that perhaps I could use something like Nero to finalize them. Any thoughts on how I might save these non-finalized DVDs?
Thanks!

Please provide more detail as to the extent that your EZ48 DVD Recorder "appears to have stopped working."

The only way to finalize DVDs recorded on a Panasonic DVD Recorder is to finalize them with a Panasonic DVD Recorder, i.e., just about any functional Panasonic DVD Recorder will do.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #3 of 5 Old 10-24-2013, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by wid3scr33n View Post

I have a DMR EZ48KV DVR unit that appears to have stopped working after a strong thunderstorm in the area...

If your EZ48 DVD Recorder appears completely dead check the fuse, see photo for location. If the fuse is OK then more information is needed before we might provide advice.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #4 of 5 Old 10-27-2013, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

I actually did check the fuse- I assumed it blew because there is absolutely no power to the unit when I turn on the power switch. It I read correctly, it is a 250v 2A fast-acting fuse. I got some replacements of the same type from Radio Shack, but each time I put one in and plugged in the unit the fuse would blow immediately. There is a difference between the two - the one in the recorder had colored bands on it, and the one from Radio Shack was clear. This may be purely aesthetic but I'm not sure.
post #5 of 5 Old 10-27-2013, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

I apologize for the lack of clarity - "appears to have stopped working" means that it won't power up at all when I activate the power switch. I did try replacing the fuse, but either I put the wrong type in, or there's something more seriously wrong because the fuse blows right when I plug in the power cord.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page