Panasonic DMR-EH75V HDD and DVD Issue - Audio Distortion and Static - Possible Faulty Board - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-13-2013, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Been having a recent problem with my Panasonic DMR-EH75V which has me confused. Suddenly when I tried to playback recordings on the HDD, I would get this audio squeal and distortion like weird feedback. The audio appeared fine although somewhat choppy. Watching live TV was no problem, but anything I tried to record, I got the same audio distortion. Recording and playback on the VCR is fine and uneventful.

Playing back a CD in the DVD drive is no problem - perfect audio. But when I tried to playback DVDs (either prerecorded or homemade), same audio distortion and jerky video.

One last test - I tried to record OTA direct to DVD. Seemed to record but when I tried to playback in the unit - same distorted audio and video. But when I took the DVD out and put it in another Panny player, played perfectly.

Reformatted the HDD. Same problem. DVD drive appears to be recording fine. Playback of only audio is fine. But with video (from HDD or DVD), distortion.

Leads me to believe a problem with a digital board rather than one of the drives, but wondering what anyone out there thinks. Has anyone ran into this or have a suggestion? If it's a board, would love to have a part number and try to track down a replacement and try swapping them out myself.

Thanks,
David
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-14-2013, 07:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1085 Post(s)
Liked: 667
PM user mickinct who fixes Panasonic recorders.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #3 of 3 Old 11-14-2013, 03:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 131

I seem to recall another report of audio issues like yours a year?? back, not sure what ever became of it. Unfortunately the search engine of the new forum software is so pathetic I'd probably never be able to find it! This is coming from the old software which IMO had a great search engine and I could always find what I was searching for.....a really pity.

I agree with Kelson, mickinct is the go-to guy for Panasonic repairs and should be able to help you, let us know what you find.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page