Blank Media Disc Reccomendation For maggy 2160 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-13-2014, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey all. The majority of my recording on my Maggy 2160 is on the hard drive and watched and deleted. But I do have a couple of 2 hour specials that I really like and would like to transfer them to disc. They are musical specials if that matters. If anyone can reccomend a high quality disc to transfer them to it would be greatly appreciated. Since I don't do much dubbing, paying a little more for quality and longevity is really not a problem. A 12 pack could last me years. Talking about discs. not beer. Thanks and you all have a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-13-2014, 09:28 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcleod692 View Post

Hey all. The majority of my recording on my Maggy 2160 is on the hard drive and watched and deleted. But I do have a couple of 2 hour specials that I really like and would like to transfer them to disc. They are musical specials if that matters. If anyone can reccomend a high quality disc to transfer them to it would be greatly appreciated. Since I don't do much dubbing, paying a little more for quality and longevity is really not a problem. A 12 pack could last me years. Talking about discs. not beer. Thanks and you all have a great day.

Here's a help file with some info.

post #3 of 3 Old 02-13-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
If anyone can recommend a high quality disc to transfer them to it would be greatly appreciated.

Well, the short story is, there are only two recommended DVD blank media that are still available today. The first is Verbatim, but the specific type with the AZO dye. There are other types that Verbatim makes that are inferior to the AZO line. The ones I mean can be purchased here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZDNZT2/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The second type is Taiyo-Yuden premium 8x. They can be purchased from a number of on-line sources, but the two I have used are:

http://www.supermediastore.com/category/a/taiyo-yuden-blank-recordable-dvd-r-disc-discs-media

http://www.rima.com/CTGY/DM.html

Again, make sure they are the premium and not value line disks.

In both cases, I have just listed the -R disks. They do come in the +R variety as well.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page