LVC-9016G issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-19-2014, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have one of the above VHS-DVD combo units which isn't used too often, but I recently offered to transfer a VHS tape of a friend's family stuff to DVD and discovered the DVD disk tray is refusing to open. I can hear a slight noise as if something is trying to engage inside, and if I use my fingertip to open the tray door there is a green light which comes on briefly when that noise occurs, but the tray isn't moving (even with a little help via a pulling nudge with a dental pick). On the display there's an arcane message (error message, presumably) stating "d-1 IN". Powering off the unit by unplugging from the main electric socket doesn't trigger any sort of reset that resolves this particular issue, and I'm inclined to think that dried-out lubrication is the most likely cause followed by a fried internal component.

None of the LiteOn phones at numbers provided in the manual or on their website are being answered, and no one has responded as of yet to the support request I submitted through the website yesterday. In fact, there's VERY little information available on the website at all on these consumer electronics devices since they apparently exited that line of business several years ago. About all that is now available by a search query on the model # designation are PDF copies of the operating manual in the three main languages (English, French and Spanish).

So, my query to anyone who monitors this forum and might be familiar with the model line is this -- is there any other potential trick via a combination of the front-panel buttons to overcome this issue without opening the box? As the unit is presently on the bottom of a stack of other components, I'll have to tear apart (then reorganize) the AV system array to do that -- just have not yet had time since discovering the malfunction to do so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-19-2014, 10:52 AM

Liked: 10
Although Liteon made/makes acceptable to good PC drives, the all-plastic drive case in their dvd recorders were cheaply built with no bottom allowing dust and debris to get into them, lens get dirty quickly and the rubber drive belt that opens the tray dries up and gunks up so it has a tendency to slip.

I've got a few Liteon recorders and a short stock of compatible PC drives that I can replace myself but now hard to find new.

Their is no button combo function/trick to help you, however when that symptom starts with my units and the door starts to stick I will give a good knuckle knock right on top of the drive as it clicks when pressing the open button. The green light that you see is the power light of the drive, a sign that it's still alive but most likely a failing tray motor or belt issue especially if it's been out of use for a while.

I suggest to try knocking on top of the drive when you hear the clunk when you press OPEN, if it opens, open/close it a few times, if it's the belt, it might get it to get some of the gunk off of it.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-19-2014, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 12
Thanks for the response and advice -- since there are several other components presently sitting on top of this unit, I can't knuckle-rap its topside and I'd already tried to rap it sharply on the front without success. So, I'm still looking at taking apart the stack in order to address this issue -- will report back later when I have the time to perform that chore.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-19-2014, 06:12 PM

Liked: 10
Try tapping a good tap, on the front, left side, underneath the tray, that's where the belt is, it might work before you dismantle your setup.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page