Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-26-2014, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Panasonic DMR-E85H

History of this unit

About 7 years old has been working fine we had a power outage and Unit would not power up.  Re-placed three caps; that were bulging and had brown speck on the top.  The unit worked for about 6 weeks, but we had another power outage and know the unit will not power up and all Caps Look OK. 

I have been trying to find the service manual for this unit; but the only manual I can find is the Operating Instructions manual for DVD Video RecorderDNR-E85H.  This manual does not show the troubleshooting schematic for the power supply.

Question:  Where can I get a service manual for this unit?

Arley

arleyp@charter.net

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-26-2014, 11:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleyp View Post

Panasonic DMR-E85H ... Where can I get a service manual for this unit?

Could be a fuse problem. The service manual can be found here.

That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse. (Romans 1:19-20)
post #3 of 5 Old 02-27-2014, 01:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleyp View Post

Panasonic DMR-E85H
History of this unit
About 7 years old has been working fine we had a power outage and Unit would not power up.  Re-placed three caps; that were bulging and had brown speck on the top.  The unit worked for about 6 weeks, but we had another power outage and know the unit will not power up and all Caps Look OK. 

I have been trying to find the service manual for this unit; but the only manual I can find is the Operating Instructions manual for DVD Video RecorderDNR-E85H.  This manual does not show the troubleshooting schematic for the power supply.

Question:  Where can I get a service manual for this unit?

Arley
arleyp@charter.net

Yeah, I know, it's too late to say this, BUT, these DVD recorders really need to be on a UPS. I seriously recommend you get one before you plug your E85 in again.
Kelson likes this.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #4 of 5 Old 08-27-2014, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I had the same problem 3 years ago after I lost power for several days . After taking it apart and putting it back together again several times, replacing caps and the battery, it finally - unexpectedly - powered up (I had it plugged into a UPS). From then on it worked fine. I even moved it to a new house (keeping it plugged into the UPS the whole trip). A couple weeks ago, the UPS battery finally went bad, so I had to unplug it, and now the E85H won't power up again.

If you discover how to fix yours, please post.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-27-2014, 06:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgwend View Post
I had the same problem 3 years ago after I lost power for several days . After taking it apart and putting it back together again several times, replacing caps and the battery, it finally - unexpectedly - powered up (I had it plugged into a UPS). From then on it worked fine. I even moved it to a new house (keeping it plugged into the UPS the whole trip). A couple weeks ago, the UPS battery finally went bad, so I had to unplug it, and now the E85H won't power up again.

If you discover how to fix yours, please post.
I sent PM to member about repairing.

MickinCT
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page