philips dvdr3575h color output - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-12-2014, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello all. My first post to your group. It seems that my dvr is losing its color. I first thought my tv had problems, such is not the case. Anyway, the color has been taking longer and longer to come on. I think it finally gave up. I'd like to find a schematic or a service manual. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2014, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
The first thing to check is that the Philips and your TV input/output connections are fully seated.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
Old 03-14-2014, 01:06 PM - Thread Starter

I am using the yellow video out jack to my tv, and I am seeing everything in black and white. I tried playing with the connection and tried swapping out the cable, but so far, nothing works; I'm only getting a black and white display. I located a service manual online and will probably do a bit of poking around. 

Old 03-14-2014, 01:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 142

Do you have Video > Progressive Scan ON. If so, turn it off and see if that helps.

PHILIPS HD DVRs | MAG/PHILIPS SD DVDRs* | DVDR/DVR COMPARISONS | POST-DVDR OPTIONS
*Due to the AVS SW change in June 2014, most but not all links in this thread will work if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, links should work if your User CP > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show per Page is set to 30, the default.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Not sure. I'll check when I get home tonight.

Old 03-14-2014, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by timzmud View Post

I am using the yellow video out jack to my tv, and I am seeing everything in black and white. I tried playing with the connection and tried swapping out the cable, but so far, nothing works; I'm only getting a black and white display. I located a service manual online and will probably do a bit of poking around

Be very careful when attempting to use the most commonly located 3575 (and 3577, 3595, 3597 variant) Service Manual. That multi-model Service Manual is for European models that have different operating and service mode functionality than 3575 models found in North America.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
Old 03-17-2014, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

I have noticed the difference. I plan on using it in only the most general ways. I've seen the 3575 service manual advertised on some websites that can be downloaded for a fee. I wonder if anyone has experience with them.