ANTENNA with TV 's that only have and Antenna input (no A/V inputs) users who had to connect a modulator to the Magnavox and disconnect their digital coverter boxes - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 56 Old 03-20-2014, 02:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I went and changed my Movies to SP so that when I do get a Smart TV it will look nice on the screen.

Well looking at the WIKI article it looks like it is for Audio it looked for Video, but could not find any Video record modes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 56 Old 03-20-2014, 05:04 AM - Thread Starter

WOW, I ordered these Discs yesterday and they are on the vehicle for delivery today at Ship to Store at my local Walmart.

I will be able to record movies in just a few hours when I get the email that my order can be picked-up.

So, I should not record any of the Movies that I recorded in SLP huh, because I won't get a good picture  when I get the flat screen?

post #33 of 56 Old 03-20-2014, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

I thought it only took 5 minutes to copy a movie from HDD to DVD.  Am I doing something the long way?  I just want to copy the movie contents over to the DVD.  Why do I have to watch the movie being dubbed?

Is there a faster way of doing this?

Or is the process of copying a movie from HDD to DVD like uploading to YOUTUBE?

post #34 of 56 Old 03-20-2014, 04:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Please go to this post and read, read, read . . .

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #35 of 56 Old 03-21-2014, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

I usually get lost in Wajo land, but I did find the information I needed this time without getting lost.  Thanks.

I'm getting better at finding my way around this site as I learn the mag.

post #36 of 56 Old 03-21-2014, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

Just so you know you cannot do anything but watch the movie that you are DUBBING on the Mag535.

When DUBBING a Movie none of the controls to access anything will work.  You will get a red circle with a line through the middle.  You will have to watch the Movie again while Dubbing if you have already watched and edited the Movie.  Then it takes like another hour to finalize it so you can use it on another DVD player if something should go wrong with your mag and you need another movie player.  Unfinalized discs will only play on the DVDR  that made the discs.  So if you leave all your discs unfinalized and your mag quits working none of those Recorded Movies will be playable.

When go to finalize the disc you will be able to watch TV again and change the TV stations while the disc is finalizing.

It says in the manual this could take a while but, While I was writing this paragraph and proof reading it the disc finalized.  The disc I was finalizing is a movie that is 2:09:50 long and it only took 2 minutes to finalize.  So now I will protect the disc and that movie is ready to view on any Movie Player.

Well, I finalized the disc and went to protect it and the disc edit would not highlight so, my guess is that once the disc is finalized it is automatically protected.  These are DVD-R discs that I am using by MFG by Verbatim AZO, the Recordable Type.

I do not have another Movie Player to test to see if the disc works.  So I can't comment on that part.

I am editing this bcz of new info

The Movies work in HP Laptop after finalization.

I found out how to Dub in 5 min with the One touch Dubbing, you just go into the title list choose the Movie you want to dub, put a blank disc in then press ok in the movie list  for the movie and it will say dubbing.  I quess you have to have the disc in to see that in the title list section to know that it is there.  Anyway say yes and in 5 min the movie is transferred to the blank DVD in stead of having to watch the whole movie.  Thank GOD!!

LOL

Just a thought to make aware.

post #37 of 56 Old 03-21-2014, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag1993daewoo View Post

Just so you know you cannot do anything but watch the movie that you are DUBBING on the Mag535.

When DUBBING a Movie none of the controls to access anything will work.  You will get a red circle with a line through the middle.  You will have to watch the Movie again while Dubbing if you have already watched and edited the Movie.  Then it takes like another hour to finalize it so you can use it on another DVD player if something should go wrong with your mag and you need another movie player.  Unfinalized discs will only play on the DVDR  that made the discs.  So if you leave all your discs unfinalized and your mag quits working none of those Recorded Movies will be playable.

Quote me if I'm wrong thus please.

post #38 of 56 Old 03-21-2014, 05:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

http://www.avsforum.com/t/940657/magnavox-537-535-533-515-513-2160a-2160-2080-philips-3576-3575/0_100#user_HSD3

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #39 of 56 Old 03-21-2014, 06:26 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 137

FYI: I got nowhere with help and links in three PM sessions before the OP appeared in multiple threads.

post #40 of 56 Old 03-21-2014, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

When go to finalize the disc you will be able to watch TV again and change the TV stations while the disc is finalizing.

It says in the manual this could take a while but, While I was writing this paragraph and proof reading it the disc finalized.  The disc I was finalizing is a movie that is 2:09:50 long and it only took 2 minutes to finalize.  So now I will protect the disc and that movie is ready to view on any Movie Player.

Well, I finalized the disc and went to protect it and the disc edit would not highlight so, my guess is that once the disc is finalized it is automatically protected.  These are DVD-R discs that I am using by MFG by Verbatim AZO, the Recordable Type.

I do not have another Movie Player to test to see if the disc works.  So I can't comment on that part.

This is how stupid I can be so I am going to quote myself   "I do not have another Movie Player to test to see if the disc works."  

No, not a DVR however, I do have an Hewlett Packard Laptop PC and a Dell Ispiron 2020.  Duh !  And Yes the Movie works just fine I just put the movie in My HP and it started playing the movie, but there was no title named.

post #41 of 56 Old 03-22-2014, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

I had to re-edit my Superman movie today, because it caught glimpses of commercials that  were still there, the funny thing is it took me along time to re-edit the movie bcz it was not letting me, the red circle kept showing up and preventing me from editing so I had to make a wider frame edit , but man it sure took along time to re-edit.  Some of the commercials you could not see unless to ran the frames backwards in extra slow motion to see the glimpse of the commercial, and then make an extra wide frame cut edit than the previous cut bcz the red circle wouldn't let you edit.  I wonder why it was doing that it took me 4 hrs to edit that movie and took 3 discs two of them still had the commercials.  And I had to make sure I protected the video so they would not run together-if that can happen, I don't know but, I didn't want the HDD reading the bad disc  when I used them as reference to editing the HDD Movie .  Man what a job that was.

So editing in a black screen is not always the best, or leaving your recording unattended when you go to the store.  Who knows the commercials are all off of there now   I guess that  is why I need to buy some RW discs so I can copy the movie to disc that is how I found all the commercial errors.

Because you can't erase the -R discs .  It would be handy to have some of the -RW discs in a situation like this.

After you make the first initial edit and if you don't get all the commercial they become glimpses.  Some of the glimpses you can't even see unless it happens to fall on that  place. I guess if that is what you want a call it.

Don't forget protect or another word for it Save your edited work as much as possible.

Editing Information

post #42 of 56 Old 03-26-2014, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

The Title Dividing feature is awesome you can make 1 recording of 3 different movies and then play them up to a point where you want to end the movie and start the next one.

post #43 of 56 Old 03-26-2014, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Help I am confused:   I recorded two different movies in SP mode on two different discs.  The length of the movies were approx. 1 1/2 hours give or take 4 minutes.

One disc says I have empty space of 1:30:40  so I can put an entire movie in that space.

Second disc says I have empty space of 0:34:01  WHY????

Why did that movie on that second disc take up the whole disc except for 1/2 hr..  That does not make any sense. I recorded it in SP and the movie is only 1 hr 33 min?

Mag535

post #44 of 56 Old 03-26-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 65

With the disc menu open, press the rec mode button until you get to SP.

The empty space on the disc will be displayed as you cycle thru each rec mode.Different 'empty space' times will be shown as you move thru each mode.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #45 of 56 Old 03-26-2014, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Okay I did what you said and I see how that works and thankyou.  Now, why did that movie take up all that space I recorded it originally to the HDD in SP mode and it should not take up all that space when dubbed to the disc.  Doesn't it dub to the disc the mode that you preset in The Timer Recording Menu when you are going to record a movie.  It sure looks like that how it works.  If so then why would that movie take up so much space.    Oh, the recording is absolutely beautiful, I mean it is flawless.  I just don't know why it took up so much space recorded in SP.  Could it be something to do wide wide screen motion picture etc etc.  It is a classic special agent movie like a james bond type?

I did however record 3 movies in 1 recording and then divided it into 3.  Bcz they are a series.

post #46 of 56 Old 03-28-2014, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Well I have learned something new on the mag 535 when recording a disc with DVD-R. when you record an 1 1/2 hour movie in SP mode that gives you enough room for another 1 1/2 hour movie in SP.  DON'T FINALIZE YOUR DISCS UNTIL THE DISC IS AS FULL AS YOU WANT IT TO BE.

Use disc protect to protect the disc until another movie comes along that you can fit on there.  If you finalize the disc with extra space on it you won't be able to use that space, bcz you finalized.  I did that with a few movies without knowing that the mag won't let you dub to a finalized disc.  So leave it unfinalized and use disc protect until you want to dub to that disc again.

Recording Do's and Don'ts

post #47 of 56 Old 03-28-2014, 09:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Well I have learned something new on the mag 535 when recording a disc with DVD-R. when you record an 1 1/2 hour movie in SP mode that gives you enough room for another 1 1/2 hour movie in SP. 
You are wrong about that -- see here.

Seriously, you need to invest the time reading the help thread. Have you noticed that people are simply not responding to you any more?

- kelson h

post #48 of 56 Old 03-28-2014, 10:51 PM - Thread Starter

I am going buy what my disc says.  I have read the help files and will probably have to read them again.  And I also have learned that not every movie is recording the same in SP.  It depends on the movie I guess I asked ,but if no wants to answer a simple question rather then go and have to re-read and get lost in the help files. They are good for a reference , but they don't answer all the questions.   Besides I don't understand why you sent me to that page anyway.  I am trying to grasp this and if no one responds then that is fine with me.  I am doing the best that I know how.  Some of my movies recorded in SP allow 1 movie on disc others two why?  No one has answered that question.  And neither did your reference page.  But thanks for your input anyway.

post #49 of 56 Old 03-29-2014, 04:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Besides I don't understand why you sent me to that page anyway. 
Well, because that page has a table right at the top that clearly spells out the amount of recording time you can put on a disk in each of the various recording modes using either of the two recording methods (HSD or RTD).

Right there on the second line of that table it tells you that for "2-hr-SP" record mode, you can't put more than 2:00 - 2:10 on a disk.

If you are putting more than 2 hr on a disk then it is not all recorded in SP mode -- which means you are doing something you are not recognizing.

- kelson h

post #50 of 56 Old 03-29-2014, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

In the Disc Menu:

I have a disc in there right now  I recorded in SP with 1 movie on it which is 1:25:43 long and the Rec Mode says SP(2HR) at the top right hand corner.

That is Movie 1 in Space One

Space Number 2 Shows:  Empty Space 1:31:39 SP(2HR) inside the empty space box.  Indicating time I have left for SP Mode to be used.

The Gold Legend Bar on the right side of the screen shows it to be about 1/3 full which indicates the first Movie I recorded on the disc at 1:25:43.

If I press the Rec Mode button on the mags remote it changes the times in the empty space box.

Using the same disc with the movie of 1:25:43:

With the Rec Mode Button change I get :        1:54:34 in SPP(2.5Hr)

2:17:29 in LP(3Hr)

3:03:18 in EP(4Hr)

4:34:58 in SLP(6Hr)

0:45:49 in HQ(1Hr)

1:31:39 in SP(2Hr)

This is the Space that is Left in the Empty Space Box.  The times change in this box to the ones I listed above when you press the Rec Mode button.

The Time of the already recorded Movie of 1:25:43 stays the same.

What is it that I am not recognizing/and or understanding.

Wait I am going to put in another disc that also has one recorded Movie in it to see the difference.

Okay I have put another movie in that I recorded to disc with different results:

This Movie is 1:28:16 long only 3 minutes different then the Movie from the 1st example.  The first noticeable thing is the Gold Legend Bar it is like 2/3 full

and in the empty space box it shows to only having 0:45:34 of recording time left in SP Mode.  A considerable difference.

0:56:58 in SPP(2Hr)

1:08:21 in LP(3Hr)

1:31:09 in EP(4Hr)

2:16:43 in SLP(6Hr)

0:22:57 in HQ(1Hr)

Now the only thing That I can think of to cause these differences is this:

When I first got the Mag and I started recording movies it was to the HDD bcz I had no money to buy discs.  So being that I was used to the VCR way of recording I started recording in SLP. The Movie in the First Example recorded to the HDD in SLP. Then when I went to record it to disc I recorded it to what I thought was SP mode by changing the Rec Mode button in the disc menu that lists all those times above.  Now either that does not change the rec mode for the recording that is to be recorded from HDD to DVD and is only a indicator of time left for you to choose the mode you want in the Timer Recording Menu.  That means that  in The Timer Recording Menu the option you choose for REC Mode in there is what is going to affect that Bar on the right hand side in the disc menu .  So what I thought about changing the Rec Mode in the Disc Menu was wrong and did nothing. I also thought that being that I recorded it originally in SLP to HDD that I could record That original SLP recording in SP to disc when I changed the Rec mode in the disc menu.  I just figured it would be a Quality SP recording of an original SLP recording.  But changing the mode in the disc menu has no effect on The Timer Recording preset configuration of a movie to be recorded.

The 2nd example is of a movie that was originally  recorded and configured to SP mode in the Timer Recording Menu  And That is why the Gold Legend Bar shows that movie to have taken up about 2/3 of the legend in the disc menu.

So I thought I was being given an option of Rec Mode in the Disc Menu when I was going to record to a disc From HDD.  Wrong. If the HDD recorded a movie in SLP it will be dubbed to disc in SLP using one touch dubbing.  You cannot change that Configuration once it has been recorded as far as I know.  It could be different in real time recording from the HDD.  If I remember correctly it does give you an option for Rec mode from HDD to Disc in Real Time.  So in that instance you can, I can't be for sure on that bcz that real time recording takes forever to record to disc when 1 touch dubbing only takes a few min.   So I won't be using the real time feature very often to find out.

The Movie in example 1 is an SLP recording and is going stay that way it cannot be changed that is why there is 1:31 in SP mode left.  Will I be able to configure a Movie in the Timer Recording Menu for lets say 1:30:00 give or take that minute and 39 seconds extra in SP2(Hr)Mode?  Refer to the Times given in example one.

Is it possible to have one movie Recorded in SLP Mode and another in SP mode on the same disc?

Did I figure it out?

post #51 of 56 Old 03-29-2014, 07:24 PM
AVS Club Gold

The rec mode in top right hand corner of a DVD is the DEFAULT rec mode currently selected, not the rec mode of any individual title. You can see that change every time you press the Rec Mode button.

post #52 of 56 Old 03-29-2014, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

So what is going to happen when your Timer Recording Starts and you have chosen HQ for that Timer Recording in the Timer Menu, lets say earlier you were messing around in the Disc Menu and changed the Rec Mode to SP (ie. to look at the different rec mode times).  So now it says SP in the info Window and in the Disc Menu for the DVD.  What Mode Is The Timer Recording That Started going to Record In;  HQ or  SP?  Do you see what I am asking the default (SP) is different than the Timer Configuration (HQ) Now?

What I think I know is you can change the Rec Mode button to any Mode you want in the Disc Menu that shows it in the upper right hand corner, but that will not change the Configuration of a preset Timer Recording that you have set in the Timer Recording Menu.  That Configuration in the Timer Recording Menu determines what mode a movie is going to be recorded to disc when it comes time to Dub that movie to disc using one touch dubbing.  If you have chosen HQ for your recording in the Timer Recording Menu then that is the configuration and that is what will be copied to disc when you choose dubbing.  I know that is what will happen with one touch dubbing.

If I had a RW Disc I would test it, but I do not so I can't answer my own question.  All I have is write only discs, and I don't want to waste one to find out.

post #53 of 56 Old 03-30-2014, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:

If I had a RW Disc I would test it, but I do not so I can't answer my own question.  All I have is write only discs, and I don't want to waste one to find out.

R DVDs are anywhere from 15 to 30 cents each...........not a big investment to answer your question in a matter YOU will understand :)

People can tell you things over and over but you seem to be one that needs to try it yourself to truly understand, nothing wrong with that but don't let a 15 cent DVD stop you.

post #54 of 56 Old 03-30-2014, 06:17 AM
AVS Club Gold

The rec mode shown in the upper right corner of a DVD is the default rec mode for RTR (press REC). Timer recoding and RTD menus control the actual rec mode of a timer recording or a RTD.

Caution: if you do a RTD at a different rec mode than the default that you've set, that changes the default to that RTD rec mode that you selected. Always check the rec mode after a RTD and make sure you've set the default you want for any RTR's you might do after a RTD.

Note: I've changed the three notes in the dubbing help file on the RTD warning to include RTR, as follows:

• Whenever you select a rec mode for a RTD or RTR, you're changing the DEFAULT rec mode for your machine. Always check your DEFAULT rec mode after a RTD or RTR so you don't make RTR recordings at an "unexpected" rec mode. (The rec mode for RTD and timer recording is set via menu, regardless of the default rec mode).
post #55 of 56 Old 03-30-2014, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

I still don't want waste one.  I'll wait until I get some RW there good for things like this.

post #56 of 56 Old 03-30-2014, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

The Atlas 5 Ocap 1956B01 is a really good replacement remote for the Mags remote and for people who have to connect their TV to the Mag and then to a RF Modulator, and then only having the mags remote for your remote.

The Atlas 1956B01 has completely programmed all of the Mags codes over to the the Atlas.  This Atlas provides a backlight to easily view when in poor lighting.  The buttons on mine are transparent for even easier viewing.  I have extra buttons for other codes.

Yes their is a volume button yea!  There really is not much to say bcz this remote has buttons for everything. I don't have cable and there are a lot of cable buttons on there,  You can reassign them.  I was able to get codes from MdaveJ and program the entire mag535 remote over to the Atlas 5.  Thank you very much Dave.  I am very happy with my new purchase of a replacement for the mags 535 remote.  This is a way better remote.  I don't find myself having to pickup the old remote bcz their is a missing function or having 1 remote in one and a 2nd remote in the other.  I don't have to turn on the light to see what it says or put my glasses on like with a mags remote.  The Atlas 5 is the boss now and runs the  mag/1993daewoo setup.   I can put the mag remote away, I don't need to use it.

The only thing I have left is the old TV COLOR, BRIGHT, CONTRAST, TINT, ETC buttons TO PROGRAM.  I hope it will be able to have that function bcz my old remote is losing its touch and the old remote is the only way to adjust those functions on that TV.  Those buttons are no where on the TV, so I am worried about that.

I recommend this remote I was able to assign keys and 2 devices & program it in a day 1/2 almost 2 days. The button locations can stay similar to to mags button location for easy memory access.

It's just a cool remote!

Thanks again to Mdavej

The Awesome Atlas 5 Ocap Replacement Remote For The Mag 535

24 hours later:  I discovered that I hadn't even tried all the buttons on the TV device key so I started pushing buttons and to my surprise all the color adjustment keys were already programmed into the remote.  I was so busy programming the DVR Codes that I never checked all the buttons for the other device (TV).  That is so cool.

I can put the Old Daewoo remote away now too, I don't need to use it.

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page