Cannot access MDR515H HDD title list - "Cannot Record to HDD", (HDD is full) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 07-04-2014, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Cannot access MDR515H HDD title list - "Cannot Record to HDD", (HDD is full)

Hello... The HDD in my Magnavox MDR515H is full and now I can't access the title list; nothing happens when I select "Title" on my remote. (I am also given the error code of "E 48", "Can Not Record to this HDD" when I select "Record" on my remote.)

I had this problem once before with this recorder when the HDD got full and there was some workaround to access the title list and free up some space, but I can't remember now how it was done.

(It's a quirk in this machine, I believe, that "freezes" access to the title list... I have tried to keep the HDD from getting full to avoid this problem from recurring, but I accidentally let it get full.)

I have searched for a fix for this, but can't find an answer that's already posted, nor does the manual offer any help.

I can play DVDs without any difficulty, the only issue seems to be being locked out of the HDD title list.

I would appreciate any assistance with this very much.

Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-04-2014, 07:06 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Try the Menu > Title List menu.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-04-2014, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Hi, thanks... The "Title List" option is grayed out, unfortunately. FYI, the only two options which are not grayed out are "General Setting" and Timer Programming". I don't recall seeing the other four menu options grayed out at the same time before, very strange.

I might also mention I previously did go into the "General Setting" options and made sure all of those were set correctly.
post #4 of 8 Old 07-04-2014, 07:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Odd. Try a SKIP 079 STEP 1 ONLY and see if it gives you an "OK" on HDD Connect status. As it says, do not press OK at the end of that short test or you'll wipe the HDD clean (if it's still "connected").
post #5 of 8 Old 07-04-2014, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you... I get a "Not Found" message for the HDD, the DVD is "OK".

I see I should check to see if the drive is properly connected, which I'm prepared to do unless you have a further suggestion otherwise.
post #6 of 8 Old 07-04-2014, 09:04 PM
AVS Club Gold

Now that you found the HDD not OK, I guess you'll have to open the case, follow the precautions listed here, and check the cabling to make sure it's all tightly connected.

If uncomfortable with anything, check here for advice from other users.
post #7 of 8 Old 07-04-2014, 09:15 PM - Thread Starter

No problem, I'm confident about opening the case, done similar actions many times. I'll post my findings/results. Hopefully it is just a loose or disconnected cable.
post #8 of 8 Old 07-05-2014, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 14
a few months back, just before joining this forum i had one of the $100 dvd/blu-ray players just stop responding - worked fine one night, next night would not respond to any remote commands to "play".

Thought i''d pull the dvd drive out and clean the lens (with my limited knowledge of these things), got the case open and after disconnecting the ribbon cable, found removing the tray entailed too much in the way of other items that had to be removed so i figured 13 months from a $100 player must be the new life expectancy.

Re-assembled (including reconnecting the ribbon cable) and damn if it didn't work after re-assembly (and still working to date, knock on wood). Only thing i could figure was the ribbon cable mush have lost a good connection on one of it's leads from corrosion or whatever. Just a suggestion, fwiw but you might make sure to disconnect and then reconnect the ribbon cable going to the HDD
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
frozen , full hdd , mdr515h , title list
Gear in this thread - mdr515h by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page