Replacement DVD Drive for Panasonic DMR-EZ475V? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-09-2014, 03:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Replacement DVD Drive for Panasonic DMR-EZ475V?

First, a disclaimer: I fully agree with prior comments about the DMR-EZ47 series not being one of Panasonic's better products. Having said that...............

1. Is there an aftermarket DVD-RW drive that is fully compatible with the DMR-EZ475V? My machine was manufactured in April 2007. The drive has PXY 1961 and 740467RC and 120v 30W 60 Hz written on it.

2. If I replace the drive, will it be ready to go immediately or is some type of programming and/or software updating necessary?

This machine worked well for 18 months, then suddenly it wouldn't read any disks....blank, pre-recorded, etc. I took the case off and cleaned the lens on the drive but still nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-09-2014, 03:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 354
I think you will have to scour Craig's List for a cheap parts machine. That may be tough find though because the DVD drive is usually the part that goes bad and turns it into a parts machine.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

post #3 of 4 Old 07-09-2014, 03:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Hemminger View Post
First, a disclaimer: I fully agree with prior comments about the DMR-EZ47 series not being one of Panasonic's better products. Having said that...............

1. Is there an aftermarket DVD-RW drive that is fully compatible with the DMR-EZ475V? My machine was manufactured in April 2007. The drive has PXY 1961 and 740467RC and 120v 30W 60 Hz written on it.

2. If I replace the drive, will it be ready to go immediately or is some type of programming and/or software updating necessary?

This machine worked well for 18 months, then suddenly it wouldn't read any disks....blank, pre-recorded, etc. I took the case off and cleaned the lens on the drive but still nothing.
Panasonic DVD Drives are proprietary in design. There is no generic substitute for the VXY1961. Compatibility considerations are addressed in this thread:

Swapping Panasonic DVD Drives, Compatibility Considerations

Basic DVD Drive diagnostic information/advice is found in this post:

Panasonic DVD drive spindle/hub cleaning, includes remedial procedures for reassembly complications

If you need a new laser assembly (optical pick-up) installed you should send a private message to mickinct.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)

Last edited by DigaDo; 07-09-2014 at 04:05 PM.
post #4 of 4 Old 07-09-2014, 04:44 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Sent a pm to member

MickinCT
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page