Pioneer DVR-650H -need image of inside - AVS Forum
DVD Recorders (Standard Def) > Pioneer DVR-650H -need image of inside
Cardano's Avatar Cardano 04:03 PM 07-22-2014
Hi,

Some time ago, I took the cover off my 650H because I thought a problem had developed with the connectors to the HD, as had been mentioned in this forum. Sure enough, unplugging the connectors and plugging them in again caused the hard drive problems to go away.

However, somehow I stupidly mislaid the screws. I tested the unit for a few days in its dismantled (but functional) form, and during that time the screws disappeared. Today, I found the screws and thought I'd immediately put the thing back together again, but I don't remember the exact placement of the HD. If I had an image of the inside of a unit, I think I could figure out how to put the HD back in the right place.

Thanks to anyone who can post such an image. Don't know why I didn't take a photo when I took it apart. Now I tend to do that when taking things apart.

A good verbal description from someone who knows may do the trick, if no one is able to post a photo or diagram.

larryccf's Avatar larryccf 05:01 PM 07-22-2014
can't help other than to say "been there and done that" - and a camera phone sure comes in handy in a lot of ways - i work on a lot of small tractor gear boxes and before separating gear shafts i take a few snapshots "in case" my memory fails me, which happens more often than not
CitiBear's Avatar CitiBear 10:59 PM 07-22-2014
I don't have any of mine open at the moment, but here's a link to a pic of an open DVR450 (same layout applies to the 550 and 650). As you can see, the HDD mounts at right angles to the burner (longer side aligned with the front panel). Pioneer tended to make the HDD sled a tight fit in most of its recorders: you may have to wrestle with it until the tabs line up with the screwholes in the bottom chassis.

It shouldn't be difficult to figure out which screws go where. The cabinet screws look different from the interior screws and have a different thread pitch. You should have a set of five matching screws that hold the cover to the rear panel, and a set of four matching screws that secure the sides.

Whatever screws are left go with the HDD sled and chassis. Unless you separated the HDD from its sled, you should only have four "sheet metal" screws: one for each of the four tabs that attach the HDD sled to the recorder bottom. You may need a magnetic screwdriver to hold the screws as you guide them into a tight spot between the sled tabs and other modules in the unit.
Cardano's Avatar Cardano 11:42 PM 07-22-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitiBear View Post
I don't have any of mine open at the moment, but here's a link to a pic of an open DVR450 (same layout applies to the 550 and 650). As you can see, the HDD mounts at right angles to the burner (longer side aligned with the front panel). Pioneer tended to make the HDD sled a tight fit in most of its recorders: you may have to wrestle with it until the tabs line up with the screwholes in the bottom chassis.

It shouldn't be difficult to figure out which screws go where. The cabinet screws look different from the interior screws and have a different thread pitch. You should have a set of five matching screws that hold the cover to the rear panel, and a set of four matching screws that secure the sides.

Whatever screws are left go with the HDD sled and chassis. Unless you separated the HDD from its sled, you should only have four "sheet metal" screws: one for each of the four tabs that attach the HDD sled to the recorder bottom. You may need a magnetic screwdriver to hold the screws as you guide them into a tight spot between the sled tabs and other modules in the unit.
Many thanks, CitiBear.

I think I can figure it out with this information.
Up
Mobile  Desktop