Possible bad panny laser?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-07-2014, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Possible bad panny laser??

in an earlier post i noted what i describe as some "squirrely" action by my new LG blu-ray burner (laptop model). The issue was it would hang up, error out or whatever when trying to copy some discs, whether dvd or blu-ray. Then i noticed it was only erroring out on dvds made on my pan EH-59, and only those burnt at the noisey hi-speed selection- ones that wouldn't transfer, when i went back and re-recorded the same episodes, on the EH-59 at normal speed and/or at the "silent" hi-speed, transferred error free. The other error problems were with discs ripped/written using DVDFAB (which i 've stopped using).

in wandering thru some other video software forums, i've learned that players are tolerant of corrupted video discs (to some degree) whereas video software isn't so it is possible the panasonics product is within standards - it's discs, whether recorded at noisy hi-speed or not, do play fine in other dvd players.

has anyone else noticed issues transferring panasonic discs burnt at hi-hi-speed? i'm wondering if my laser is weak or needs replacement

tks for any constructive input, in advance

'A good police force is one which catches more crooks than it employs.' quote, Sir Robert Mark, Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police UK

Last edited by larryccf; 11-07-2014 at 04:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-14-2014, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Panasonic's Silent Mode is still "high speed," just not quite as high speed as the "non-silent" mode. The difference is that Silent Mode takes a minute or two longer to burn a DVD.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)