AVS Forum banner

dmr-e55p compatible discs and firmware update

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Church AV Guy 
#1 ·
I happen to receive from a friend a fully working panasonic dmr-e55p and i have been trying to find 4x compatible discs for the machine but most of the ones out now are 16x. also i have found on the forums a firmware upgrade for this model but the dmr-e55p is not listed on the panasonic website anymore they only show the dmr-e55k and the dmr-e55s. i think the firmware upgrade revision for the dmr-e55p is dk-091 and the dmr-e55k and the dmr-e55s have the dk-092 upgrade file. are the k and s the same as the p and what does the upgrade do for the machine. also where can i find the upgrade for the p revision of the unit. also what discs are compatible for this machine as i dont want to end up damaging the unit.

#4 · (Edited)
i did happen to try that site and all it wanted me to download was a program that would download the so called driver. also i would want to know that media is still compatible with this unit since the factory firmware runs 4x only discs also what does the firmware update do for the recorder

#5 ·
#7 ·
It sounds like you may not be in N. America so I don't know what disc types are available to you but in N. America and Europe Taiyo Yuden 8x are your best bet, sometimes called THAT brand in the far East. They are about as slow of a disc as you can get and tend to burn very well in our older DVDRs.
If you have access to Amazon.com these are the discs I'm talking about:
http://www.amazon.com/Taiyo-Yuden-J...F8&qid=1434836291&sr=1-1&keywords=taiyo+yuden

#9 ·
I have had no problem with my EH50s or my EH55s, EH75s, and the newer ones EH59/69s using 16x Verbatim AZO disks. I "normally" use the 8x T-Y premium -R blanks and have had no problems at all as long as my write speed is "silent mode" rather than maximum speed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.