Mag 533 reading blank DVD-Rs as full - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-23-2016, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mag 533 reading blank DVD-Rs as full

I've finally gotten around to trying systematically to back up the programs on the hard drive on my Mag 533H/F7 by dubbing to DVD-Rs. Had been going well for a week or so but today when I set up 6 programs to dub to a disc and clicked on "dubbing start", the Mag replied with "Disc is full. Cannot dub to this disc."

The DVD-Rs I've inserted are unquestionably empty. I noticed that in some cases when I insert them, after the loading has finished the display shows a value of -2:00:00.

I noticed in a thread from quite awhile back that Wajo suggested to someone with a different problem that they try a soft reset. How does one do that?

Thanks very much for suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-23-2016, 09:27 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Soft (and Hard) Reset procedures are here.

Not sure if those will help for this problem, it may just be something with rec mode and disc capacity, esp. if you're working with SLP title(s)... rules are diff. for those. See this section of Dubbing help file.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-24-2016, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 66
I've seen that problem before...turned out the discs were bad right out of the box

post #4 of 4 Old 06-24-2016, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the posts.

Your mention of SLP induced me to take a closer look. Turned out that of the six programs I'd specified one of them was two hours long.
So...trying to burn 7 hours worth of programs on a blank DVD-R. As I look again at your reply I see you did mention "disc capacity."

That error message that I quoted in my original post is not the most straightforward way of telling me that's what the problem was. But glad I've apparently found what was happening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page