Media resolution, should I digitize? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #31 of 32 Old 04-03-2017, 11:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
OK I am getting serious about replacing this philips. All I need is a recorder that I can hook a vhs-c with a s-video, record and then burn a dvd. I don't need it for anything else.

any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 05-21-2017, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just wanted to give an update. Wrote it all out and then I lost power. So here we go.

I was able to find a used Philips 3575H.

I digitized my VHS and VHS-C tapes using the s-video connection from the VCR to the Philips.

And I used the DV wire to transfer my digital 8mm tapes. From the Sony TRV350 camcorder to the Philips. I set A/V>DV out to ON, page 214 in the Sony manual.

So here is what I learned, the Sony will transfer the std. 8mm tapes to the Philips using the DV wire. Sound and Picture. In this case I think you would want to set the A/V>DV out to off. If I had that ON, the Sony would output the analog picture and sound in digital format. Then the Philips would digitize it again? So I didn't want to double compress them.

My question is, should I use the DV wire to transfer the std. 8mm? Only problem with the firewire connection is that the tape counter doesn't work but it does for the digital tapes or when connected using rca jacks. Is the DV connection better than the rca connections for analog tapes?

( There is a note that states, you cannot dub the screen indicators and you cannot dub titles and display indicators. I assume they are talking about the camcorder indications not the recorded date and time that was recorded on the tape.)

Philips 3575H dvd recorder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page