Burning from DVR to DVD, Toshiba DVR620KU - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-08-2017, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Burning from DVR to DVD, Toshiba DVR620KU

I havekkl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-08-2017, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter

I don't know what happened, was trying to type my question and all of a sudden it's posted. I don't think the forum likes IE 11, so here I am on Edge.

My question is this: I have some 15 minute programs on my DVR (through my cable company). I want to copy them to a DVD but from what I can figure out, I can only copy one program on each DVD, which is ridiculous to have a 2 hour DVD with 15 minutes on it.

Is there a way to pause the recording, then go back to my DVR and start playing the next 15 minute program on the same DVD?
I read the manual over and over and there is no mention of doing this.

Thanks for any help.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-08-2017, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 778 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Any standalone DVDR should be able to make multi-titled DVDs, Toshiba should be no different. The only limitation is total time, depending on the speed you use.
I prefer full resolution SP which will give you 2hrs of material/DVD. If you need more there are speeds probably up to 6hrs or even more/DVD at a reduced resolution and lower bitrate.
To burn multiple titles/DVD simply push PLAY on your DVR and record on your DVDR, at the end of the title push STOP. It will do a mini-finalization of the title, but not the end finalization. Next push PLAY on your DVR for the next title and REC on your DVDR, at the end of the title push STOP. At any point you want you can do the end finalization which makes the DVD compatible with DVD players, although after that you cannot add any more titles to the DVD, it becomes play only.
The ability to have multiple titles/DVD is what DVDRs are all about, should be easy peasy.

post #4 of 6 Old 07-09-2017, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

I will try that this week. I have copied many 1.5 hour movies from my DVR to DVD recorder and pressed stop at the end. I thought once you pressed stop, that was it. I hope it works, thanks!
post #5 of 6 Old 07-09-2017, 03:21 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 778 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patjg View Post
I will try that this week. I have copied many 1.5 hour movies from my DVR to DVD recorder and pressed stop at the end. I thought once you pressed stop, that was it. I hope it works, thanks!
Note if using SP you'll only get ~2hrs/DVD so in the case of a 1.5hr program, you'll only have ~30 minutes of recording before the DVD gets full and stops recording. It won't give any warning, it will just stop once the DVD is full. Again there are recording modes(speeds) where you can fit much more time/DVD but it will be at a reduced quality. Also note your DVD can contain titles with different recording speeds, that is one title could be in SP and others in LP or even EP, the player will automatically know the speed and adjust itself.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-11-2017, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all your help. I just finished recording 2 hours of the 15 minute programs on a DVD. I'm so happy that I am able to do this now. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page