Can any one guide me how to transfer my HI 8 and VHS to Sony RDR-GX7 I'm new with DVD recorder.
The manual is helpful! :D
- Turn on your TV and this recorder, then set it to the connected channel ("VIDEO", etc.).
- Press open and place a recordable disc in the tray.
- Press close. Wait until "LOAD" disappears from the front panel display.
- Press INPUT SELECT to select a input source according to the connection.
- Press REC MODE repeatedly to select the recording mode.
- Select the audio input using the Tool menu. Press TOOL, Press up/down to select "LINE AUDIO INPUT," then press ENTER, Press up/down to select the itme, then press ENTER
- Press REC PAUSE to set the recorder to record pause.
- Insert the source tape into the connected equipment and set to playback pause.
- At the same time, press REC PAUSE on this recorder and the pause or play button onthe connected equipment. Recording starts.
- To stop recording, press REC STOP on this recorder.
It's pretty much like recordng to a tape player or CD recorder. DV or Digital 8 is much easier because it's a one wire (firewire) connection.
Thanks for your instruction.
What is your views on Sony RDR-GX7 or you would recommend other DVD-R
since my digital camera and Handycam are of Sony make therefore I'm opting for RDR, any suggestions.
Iqbal, I also own a RDR-GX7 recorder. It's a fine machine. It's very easy to use and build quality is nice. It may be a bit pricey ($699-799) and it doesn't have a built in hard drive like one of the Panasonic recorders, but it is a fine all in one machine. One caveat: pre-recorded DVD's look a bit soft compared to the best players. I compared the GX7 to my Sony NS999ES player which really isn't a fair comparison. I intend comparing it with a less expensive DVD player to see the results. Still, in my opinion, the GX7 is a great machine.
I actually don't own the Sony. I just downloaded the manual from Sony's website.
I would agree with Mike's summation about the build quality and overpricing on the unit. I've played around with it at Circuit City.
|Originally posted by Tenchi211
Iqbal, One caveat: pre-recorded DVD's look a bit soft compared to the best players. I compared the GX7 to my Sony NS999ES player which really isn't a fair comparison. I intend comparing it with a less expensive DVD player to see the results. Still, in my opinion, the GX7 is a great machine.
Did you play with the playback filters on the GX7 before you did a comparison test? I'm curious what settings you find to be best overall.
No, I didn't. I left all controls flat. But you bring up a good point magnusmx. I will try more comparisons and let you know. My NS999ES also has playback filters which I usually leave alone. Thank you for the knowledge...