I also have the LF-D521 and have used it with my DMR-E80H. I have created several DVD-R titles by capturing on the DMR-E80H and using my PC and the LF-D521 to Burn the final Copy with Custom menus.
here is a brief description of the procedure:
- I recorded my 8mm video onto a DVD-RAM disk in the DMR-E80H
- The LF-D521 comes with a software program called "DVD-MovieAlbum" that allows you to convert the .vro format of the video captured on the DMR to mpeg2 format on you PC hard disk. (there is other software that can do this as well)
- with the mpeg2 files you can use a program like Ulead studio to create transitions, add titles, soundtracks, etc... MovieAlbum has some features like this as well but I have not used them.
- next I created my menus and backgrounds using photoshop and a DVD authoring tool.
- the last step is to burn the final product to DVD. most authoring tools will allow you to burn the final product right to the DVD-R or to file. I prefer to create the files and then burn them to DVD in a seperate proccess.
as for your other request, attached is a snapshot of a title menu created on the DMR-E80H
You can also find out more info on using your PC with an DMR recorder at:http://www.thewholewideweb.com/forum/
its a forum dedicated to the DMR-HS2.