Panasonic VHS/DVD Recordering Error- Model DMR-ES30V - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-15-2017, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Angry Panasonic VHS/DVD Recordering Error- Model DMR-ES30V

Hello All! I am hoping someone can help me with a recording problem. I have had this Panasonic VHS/DVD Recorder for about 10 years. It is like new. Barely used. Everything seems to be working perfectly except for one issue. I am trying to transfer VHS tapes to DVDs. The VHS tapes are playing normally but some of the recordings to the DVDs are coming up as a vertical split screen, meaning the bottom of the video is playing on the top of the screen and is cut off on the bottom. I tried everything I can think of from turning off Progressive Scan to changing the Screen Ratio but it always appears normal play the VHS tape but split screen after recorded to the DVD. The one unusual thing is that this does not happen to every VHS to DVD recording. Half of the DVD's recorded normally, Full not split screen. Does anyone know what the issue could be or how to fix it? I am at a loss after hours of trying to figure this out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-15-2017, 01:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 777 Post(s)
Liked: 278
Does the picture look split when just playing the suspect tapes? If not, how are you recording the tapes, do you use the one touch record or do you select VHS input while monitoring the DVD side? If that doesn't work for you, you could also try using a L&R audio cable and composite video cable from the VHS(or common) output to the line input. Select the appropriate line input while monitoring the DVDR, play the VHS and hit record on the DVD side. This is the way I generally record as using the one touch record doesn't allow you to use FR, a speed I use almost exclusively and it also allows you to install a video filter or video corrector between the VHS and DVD side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
DMR-ES30V , dvd , Panasonic , recorder , vhs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page