Magnavox 513 Recovery - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-26-2017, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Magnavox 513 Recovery

My Magnavox 513 machine is no longer usable; I’ve done soft, hard reset, checked capacitors and the fuse to revive the machine. I could only recover the WD HDD as long as I format the drive using an external SATA connector. Before I format the drive, I’m looking ways to extract remnants of recorded programs. I understand there is 3rd party raw data recovery programs like EASEUS DATA RECOVERY but I was wondering if there’s an easier command line recovery. Anyone know if this can be done?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-08-2017, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

This is the warning for trying to cannibalize recording made on unusable Magnavox 513. Subsequently, I made some headway with recovery of raw data. I used free command prompt photorec, a sub executable to TESTDISK, to extract videos with PC. I only extracted mpg but you can have other file extensions also. One big drawback is the chunks of data are not in neatly recorded program format; therefore you need to weed out the video programs, you want. There are other commercial software like easeUS Data recovery but note the free version had less than minuscule 1GB space (even though it claimed 2GB) and the buy version cost $70. Additionally, I don’t know how well it works either.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raw data magnavox.jpg (20.8 KB, 44 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page