dvd recording - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 08-25-2003, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
have a dvd burner ( TDK ) when i burn a dvd +r ( TDK disk ) it works on my computer but when i put it in my dvd player it gets a error with disk ?
tryied dvdXcopy and dvd creater 6 get the same result does the brand of disk have anything to do with it ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-25-2003, 07:07 PM

Few questions, what are the exact DVD player and DVD+R drive?

If you have a Sony DVD player you’re probably SOL, if not pick up a 5 pack of diff media from a local store and try them out see what you get. Also try burning at 1x.

I'm sure you can find a report on your DVD player on the internet and see how well or if it will play back DVD-R media. I use a Pioneer DV-333 because it worked with all the media I had and was cheap.

I've duped [monotone voice over "Archived"] about 100 DVDs and they all seem to work well on my Pioneer I've used 3-4 different generic brands.

I buy the cheapest DVD media I can find and burn most at 1x on a computer that is just for ripping and burning so i don't care how long it takes, and good media costs about $2.50 and I get the cheap stuff for $0.75 each.

I've got a Pioneer A04 DVD-R drive btw.

Someday when 8x DVD+R drives come out and whenever the 8x media gets to the $1 range I'll give that a try.

If you can read this the thought police must be napping!
post #3 of 9 Old 08-25-2003, 08:26 PM

I'm new to the whole DVD burning but one thing I'd have to ask is are you finalizing the disc before you try to play it in your standalone DVD player?

I've been lucky backing up my DVD's via my NEC 1300a (burns +and-) and playing both formats in my 5 year old Panasonic A110.

Like they mentioned earlier, maybe fo to Compusa and get a sample of media and try it out.

Good luck!
G
post #4 of 9 Old 08-26-2003, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for your help i did some resurch on my dvd player and it says it will not play dvd- or+ something about the color sceam so i will look into another
post #5 of 9 Old 08-26-2003, 06:40 PM

Sorti, How come the Sony players will not play recorded discs? I have found that mine will not play them too. I was hoping that it was only the brand of discs that I bought but I guess not. Is there any way to upgrade the firmware on the old Sony players?

Jim
post #6 of 9 Old 08-28-2003, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BullittMustang
Sorti, How come the Sony players will not play recorded discs? I have found that mine will not play them too. I was hoping that it was only the brand of discs that I bought but I guess not. Is there any way to upgrade the firmware on the old Sony players?
I'd bet you won't be able to upgrade the Sony for better support for DVD-R media, you're best bet is to make a list of all the features you want, then do some searches on the net and replace your Sony.

I've tried 3-4 diff brands of media in a few Sony DVD players and they don't work well stuttering or not working at all.

If you can read this the thought police must be napping!
post #7 of 9 Old 08-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Advanced Member

The DVDs' that I have burned using the e80 panny play in my old RCA (7yrs old), new Panasonic 35s AND Sony cx860 (about 4 yrs old). So just being a Sony DVD player does not preclude its playing burned DVDs'. They will also play in my grandson's Sony Playstation 2. That is four for four and I am both surprised and pleased with compatibility with the R- format.

I have used Fuji, Verbatim and a very cheap ($.99) a disk KHypermedia made in Taiwan and purchsed at Office Max. Experienced one out of 10 failure rate with KHypermedia.
post #8 of 9 Old 08-30-2003, 07:34 PM

I am playing my 'back up' discs just fine in Sony CX-875P Changer or a CX-860 changer no problem.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-30-2003, 10:51 PM

I think mine is too old. I have the first generation Sony dvd-s3000. It is a great player for prerecorded movies but won't touch a burned one.

Jim
Closed Thread DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page