anyone use the panny brand - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-01-2003, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
disks? I have it narrowed down to these two dvd-r's. Can I go wrong with either or are they both pretty good quality and dependable? I have the pioneer a04, the panny e-50 and the lf 521 pc dvdram drive, ...the two links below are the disks I am inquiring about..thanks all ....t

panny

or

Maxell
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-01-2003, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Back when I had my e50 (a whole two weeks before returning it in frustration), I bought a bunch of Panasonic brand dvd-r's to try because I was having problems with it liking the Apple discs I usually used with my a03 (though they've never made a coaster on the a03). I figured if anything would work well in the e50 it should be Panasonic's own discs. They did indeed work pretty good, and I think out of the 10 I bought only one had any problems (and I think that might have been due to the possibly defective e50 recorder, not the discs). Only down side is that they are some of the most expensive dvd-r's out there.

DVD collection
LD collection

Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-01-2003, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

thanks Dug...that was kinda what i figured and yes they are high, but at taperesources they are under 3 bucks per and that is a lot cheaper than what I paid for my Pioneer ones....but yes still expensive....sorry bout your e50? did you ever find out what was wrong? mine has been going like a champ for months..love it..thanks..t
post #4 of 4 Old 09-02-2003, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm still not sure if my e50 was defective or that's just the way they work. When I returned it I was so frustrated I just got my money back instead of a new unit and decided to wait until set top recorders matured a bit. It had several problems, not the least of which was really crappy encode quality. I was recording stuff in XP mode with fixed bitrate selected and it was still dropping down to a bitrate of 1 in places with compression artifacts all over the place.

DVD collection
LD collection

Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message. Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
Closed Thread DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page