post #181 of 189 Old 09-01-2007, 02:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate View Post

on my ct2s, there is a 'dark' position on the side, w/ the lighter, b/w, and just plain enhance, which doesn seem to do much. the 'dark' position only darkens the image, not make blacks blacker. i dont use it, just 'enhance'. ive never used a ct200. i hope to hear something about it.

I wasn't sure just what those adjustments were for. I just got a ct200, but I still have it sitting in the bag and haven't had a chance to try it yet. I better get to it soon to make sure it works.

I'm almost tempted to just return it and get the ATX500 instead, if it really has updated firmware. In fact, I just may do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 189 Old 09-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammitinski View Post

I'm almost tempted to just return it and get the ATX500 instead, if it really has updated firmware. In fact, I just may do that.

You'd be better off to keep the Sima and buy the ATX500. The ATX is an unknown quantity; the Sima could bring some bucks on ebay. I have the CT200. It is a very good unit for copying old VHS tapes. I've heard it does other things well also.

In space, no one can eat ice cream - Killer Klowns From Outer Space
post #183 of 189 Old 09-01-2007, 11:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabboy View Post

..the Sima could bring some bucks on ebay.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking - maybe use it awhile and then see what it'll fetch.

Either that or I'll just give it to a good friend of mine who copies and collects old movies and serials, (like the two-reelers they showed in the theaters many moons ago). It could probably improve the looks of some of that old stuff, with the faded prints and the spotty lighting.

The stuff he has is all on VHS (it was copied with an old, Go-Video dual deck), and I bug him occasionally about getting a DVD recorder. Maybe if I give him the Sima he'll be more motivated to finally get one.
post #184 of 189 Old 02-28-2008, 08:41 AM

Liked: 10
Hello,
Does anyone know if you can use the sima 200 to copy from 2 separate dvd/vcr combos. I have one combo unit with just a dvd player and another combo unit with a dvd recorder combo. Does anyone know if I can use the sima 200 to copy from dvd combo unit 1 (player) to dvd combo unit 2(recorder) without the copyright problem popping up? Thanks!
post #185 of 189 Old 02-28-2008, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy126 View Post

Hello,
Does anyone know if you can use the sima 200 to copy from 2 separate dvd/vcr combos. I have one combo unit with just a dvd player and another combo unit with a dvd recorder combo. Does anyone know if I can use the sima 200 to copy from dvd combo unit 1 (player) to dvd combo unit 2(recorder) without the copyright problem popping up? Thanks!

ABSOLUTELY!

That is what it is meant for.

Just connect the S-video out of the player(this is for DVD's mainly, but some players support output of the VCR side of dual decks. Some do not, and you would be forced to use the composite[yellow cord] out from the player) to the S-Video in on the SIMA.

Then connect the S-Video out of the SIMA to one of the S-Video in's on the recorder.

The Red and white audio cords are connected directly from the player(Audio out) to the recorder(Audio in), then go ahead and dub.
post #186 of 189 Old 02-28-2008, 02:08 PM

Liked: 10
Thank you, I thought I could. I was reading some of the other posts on here and I thought I read somewhere that the sima always didnt work getting through the copy guard on combo units. Maybe they meant if you were using the same combo machine to copy and record on which I am well aware that you can't do that. I can't wait to get my sima in the mail to try out copying dvds on my 2 combo units now. Thanks for the help!
post #187 of 189 Old 02-28-2008, 02:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Panny DVDR's w/vhs will allow you to play from one side, route the signal through the Sima, and then back into the other device. Not sure how many other DVDR combo's do that though. Plus if you want to go DVD to DVD you will need another DVD to do the playing on since I've never seen a double DVD unit like they used to have in the day of double VHS units.
post #188 of 189 Old 02-28-2008, 02:22 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134
The Pio 53x/63x/640 can record from one drive to the other thru its external line input/outputs. Haven't heard of anyone placing a Sima or other device in that loop, but it'd be an interesting test.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #189 of 189 Old 02-28-2008, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I'd guess it would work. Seems Panny and Pio seem to share similar features. I've done it a few times with my ES-30 but really don't use the VHS much in the loop anymore.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page