Media deals this week - Page 110 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

post #3271 of 3271 Old 02-10-2017, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
Just curious. Once you have burned one of these successfully on a "good" burner, can you put the disk in your laptop and read/rip it? i.e. once you successfully burn it can it be read by anything that's supposed to read a DVD DL. That's an issue I tend to be concerned about.
Yes they are rippable on say my laptop, which wasn't able to actually burn to that blank disc successfully, they are also playable on any DVD player I've tried.
Before I figured what burners would successfully burn to the Windatas they may have actually burned and verified on say my laptop but when I went to play them in a DVD player they may not always play correctly around the layer break. They'd be playing fine and right after the break they'd start pausing and skipping. Because of this I'm in the habit of writing down the time of the layer break and before I delete the title off my PC I FF through the disc and make sure everything looks alright after the layer break, knock on wood with 3 of my burners(2 full sized LG USB DVD burners and an older Compaq Win7 desktop) they play just fine.
My thought is if they burn, verify and play after the initial burn there is a high chance they will be good down the line. Of course a iffy burn from the start is a recipe for trouble down the line.
My USB LG burners are also the best for ripping iffy or scratched library DVDs, I'll try it on my newer HP PC or laptops and they will fail the rip, try it on my LGs or even older Compaq PC and they rip no problem........voodoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page