Media deals this week - Page 19 - AVS Forum
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last
DVD Recorders (Standard Def) > Media deals this week
Bill1313's Avatar Bill1313 09:02 PM 07-28-2006
Yep, Same thing at my local Staples which had around 10 - 12 packs left on the end of an isle that had other Clearance Stuff all mixed together on it so it looks like the Playo deal might have been a one shot deal.

I bought 4 packs & had trouble with 2 packs & on the other 2 packs one had a lot of problems with freezing near the end of the disc but there were others that did freeze in the middle & etc so check yours out & don't think just because they Finalized that they are ok.

You have to watch them from the beginning to the end to find out but all of the ones I used anyway were for people who keep asking me for stuff in my collection.

SAH's Avatar SAH 12:09 PM 08-04-2006
On the Panasonic site there are several deals for DVD-RAM media until 8/10/06 You may need to join the free Panasonic club to get the free shipping.

A 25 pack spindle of 2-3x single sided DV-RAM is $24.99 with free shipping (regular 29.99 but a $5 instant savings until 8/10/06) part # LM-AS120LU25

If you have recently bought a Panasonic unit, you can use the DVDMEDIA coupon code to get 20% off the following, plus free shipping:

LM-AE240LU3 3 pack 240GB double sided disks (14.99, with coupon 11.99)
LM-HC47V3 1 3 pack data DVD_RAM disks (2.99, with coupon 2.39) These can be used in the recorders, just need to be formatted first.

There are several other single/multiple pack options as well. These seemed to be the best buys.
spyder696969's Avatar spyder696969 03:22 PM 08-04-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAH View Post

LM-AE240LU3 3 pack 240GB double sided disks (14.99, with coupon 11.99)

WOW! That IS a deal. 240GB for $12!
Bill1313's Avatar Bill1313 03:23 PM 08-04-2006
Staples GRAND OPENING North Haven, CT Store Only Saturday August 5th:

Playo 50 Pack DVDs $2.99 (Regular Price $14.50)

Staples Slim Jewel Cases 25 Pack $2.99 (Regular Price $8.98)

Also $10 Off any $25 Purchase, $20 Off any $50 Purchase & $30 off any $75 Purchase.
SAH's Avatar SAH 03:26 PM 08-04-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 View Post

WOW! That IS a deal. 240GB for $12!

Sorry - should have been 240 min (double sided DVD-RAM)
kjbawc's Avatar kjbawc 10:53 PM 08-06-2006
I don't know where else to ask this question...

I was going to buy some CD/DVD cases from Meritline, as they have been recommended here. The shipping charges, for 100 cases, costing $26 were $33! That is for ground shipping. I'm sure the package would weigh less than 10 lbs, and probably cost less than $10 to ship by UPS. Has anyone else experienced ridiculously high shipping rates from them? Does anyone know where they are located?
bobkart's Avatar bobkart 11:04 PM 08-06-2006
I get my CD/DVD cases at CompUSA.
FullOnShred's Avatar FullOnShred 12:36 AM 08-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjbawc View Post

I was going to buy some CD/DVD cases from Meritline, as they have been recommended here. The shipping charges, for 100 cases, costing $26 were $33! That is for ground shipping. I'm sure the package would weigh less than 10 lbs, and probably cost less than $10 to ship by UPS. Has anyone else experienced ridiculously high shipping rates from them? Does anyone know where they are located?

Yep. I had some Clear CD/DVD Jewel Cases in the cart and ready to go - then I saw their egregious shipping charges and dumped the cart and will never bother trying to shop there again.
Ormazd's Avatar Ormazd 01:42 AM 08-07-2006
I get mine from supermediastore.com
suplex's Avatar suplex 06:25 AM 08-07-2006
Quote:

Do you mean that after S&H the $26 order would be $33 making the S&H cost $7.00, or do you mean that the actual S&H was $33 making the whole order cost $59.00?

There had to be some kind of mistake on Meritline's end if they wanted to charge you $33 just to ship. Although their S&H can sometimes be high, I have never experienced anything like that.
kjbawc's Avatar kjbawc 04:24 PM 08-07-2006
I mean $33 for shipping alone, ground. I like poly cases, standard thickness, so you can see a label on the edge. Couldn't find them for a reasonable price at Supermedia store. I did find them later, on rima, for a good price, but haven't checked their shipping costs yet. I did a quick check on CompUsa, but could only find jewel cases. The one thing I want that only Meritline seems to have, are DVD cases to hold 6 DVDs, separately, not stacked. I tried to call Meritline today, but they didn't answer! I doubt that standard UPS charges on what I wanted to order would be more than $10, certainly not $33.40!
mattack's Avatar mattack 07:19 PM 08-07-2006
I'm not sure what cases you mean, but jewel cases (i.e. CD cases) show up in the various B&M stores all of the time. There was one this weekend for 100 for about $10 IIRC.
kjbawc's Avatar kjbawc 08:11 PM 08-07-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattack View Post

I'm not sure what cases you mean, but jewel cases (i.e. CD cases) show up in the various B&M stores all of the time. There was one this weekend for 100 for about $10 IIRC.

I don't like jewel cases, they are hard, fragile plastic, with weak hinges. Poly cases are made of more durable, flexible plastic. Standard DVD cases are poly, but I prefer the smaller CD sized poly cases, with clear sleeve. I found them, double cases, no less, for $16 per 100, shipping UPS $10.53, from Rima. I know I won't need the second hub very often, but at just $1 more per hundred, it seemed like a good idea. I still can't find the single case/6 hub DVD cases anywhere but Meritline, so I might just have to pay $13 to ship a $12.49 item.
Church AV Guy's Avatar Church AV Guy 05:15 PM 08-08-2006
Quote:

Yes, they are known for this , and I was almost bit once myself. You really need to keep an eye on this sort of thing. I was at a source once where I bought about $50.00 worth of -RAM disks, and there was like $300 for shipping. I stopped my internet purchase right there and called the company. The guy said he'd look into it and have it fixed by the next morning. So, the next morning I tried to make the purchase, but now it said that the item was out of stock and would no longer be carried by them. Weird but true.
Bob McLaughlin's Avatar Bob McLaughlin 10:42 AM 08-21-2006
Anyone try burning DVDs from a camcorder that has an secondary dubbed audio track? I'm doing this from a Panasonic camcorder (PV-GS150) where I had already overdubbed a secondary music track onto the tape. When I ran the firewire into the DVD burner, it only wanted to read the original audio, even when I had set the tape playback to play back the secondary dubbed audio. I next tried just using the RCA inputs but once again it only could pick up the original audio.

Anyone know any ways around this? I really like the audio dubbing on my camcorder but if I can't burn the alternate or mixed track from it, it limits the usefulness of the audio dubbing feature.
Jeff Goldberg's Avatar Jeff Goldberg 11:13 AM 08-21-2006
Hi Bob,

Your problem is that you did not over dub onto the original 12-bit audio tracks (1 & 2). You merely added two 12-bit audio tracks (3 & 4). You need to find a way to bring out tracks 3 & 4 with the video. Probably an NLE will accomplish tis task.
spyder696969's Avatar spyder696969 12:04 PM 08-21-2006
I still can't figure out what this has to do with media deals.
Bob McLaughlin's Avatar Bob McLaughlin 09:02 AM 08-22-2006
Oops, I had two windows open and posted to the wrong thread.

Thanks Jeff! What's an NLE?
epsilon's Avatar epsilon 12:26 PM 08-22-2006
NLE = Non-Linear Editing

And to get back on topic: I haven't seen any deal announcements lately. Anyone seen good quality -Rs on sale at B&Ms?
spyder696969's Avatar spyder696969 01:26 PM 08-22-2006
Lots of "deals", but nothing spectacular. Seems we're stuck at the 25-30 cent mark right now for blank DVDs.
mattack's Avatar mattack 05:34 PM 08-28-2006
Through 9/2 -- office depot 25 pack DVD+R or DVD-R $7.99
I think their DVD-Rs are 4x now though.. (I think I remember seeing that since I happened to be near one Saturday and tried to get the previous deal of 25 packs of Maxell DVD-RW for $6.99.. they were out)
rgazzara's Avatar rgazzara 06:58 AM 08-30-2006
Buy.com has the Verbatim 16X DVD-R 100-pack spindle for $17.99 after rebate with free shipping. Price is only good for 24 hours (8/30/2006). I purchased one.

Although I have loads of TY for quality "keeper" burns, I figure Verbatims at $0.18 per disk will be good for the occasional "temporary" burn, especially for transfer of shows I recorded on my DVDR to my video iPod.
rdwalt's Avatar rdwalt 09:28 AM 08-30-2006
Got me some! The rebate is actually good until 9/30/2006.
epsilon's Avatar epsilon 09:38 AM 08-30-2006
Sold out already

ETA: They've put it back for $2 more...
bobr2k's Avatar bobr2k 09:21 AM 08-31-2006
FWIW (for what it's worth department) .. Pretty wild - I "snapped" a price on Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R Media White Inkjet Hub Printable 100 Pack in Tape Wrap (Premium Line) the other day at supermedia 42.99 today 39.99 ... same part # etc. (both with free shipping)

Same thing (I think) at Rima.com (Item No : 1760-100 Taiyo Yuden No : DVD-R47WPP100SK8 Capacity : 4.7 GB Speed : 8X Maximum White Inkjet Printable
Hub Printable: Yes Media ID : TYG02) Their price is $33.99 plus shipping of 10.59.
Based on what I've read here about customer service and packing/shipping I think I'll go with RIMA ..
Ormazd's Avatar Ormazd 09:30 AM 08-31-2006
I don't recall hearing of any issues with supermediastore customer service or shipping. I, for one, have never had a problem.
wdsnls 11:49 AM 08-31-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr2k View Post

...Based on what I've read here about customer service and packing/shipping I think I'll go with RIMA ..

I just received my first purchase from SuperMediaStore.com, a 50 pack spindle of Taiyo Yuden DVD-R's. Shipped UPS from AZ to FL. Packaging was excellent. Strong box, plenty of "peanuts" and the only rattling heard was the discs in the spindle. Spindle was taped closed all around. I'll shop with them again!
bobr2k's Avatar bobr2k 01:50 PM 08-31-2006
I thought I found a couple people who were discussing preferred media and had gotten some Taiyo Yudens not in a spindle and loosely packed but maybe I just dreamed that. ;-) I just went back to try search for those comments and couldn't find them. They may have been old posts - anyway good to know Supermedia is doing a good job currently.
Bob R.
bobkart's Avatar bobkart 06:15 PM 08-31-2006
All 600 of my Taiyo Yuden DVDs (4x Value Line) have come in a 50-pack "bulk" packaging (tape wrapped). From SuperMediaStore and MeritLine. I'm about halfway through them and have had just one coaster. The tape wrapping is quite tight, they don't seem to rub against each other in transit.
bron's Avatar bron 09:51 PM 08-31-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr2k View Post

I thought I found a couple people who were discussing preferred media and had gotten some Taiyo Yudens not in a spindle and loosely packed but maybe I just dreamed that. ;-) I just went back to try search for those comments and couldn't find them. They may have been old posts - anyway good to know Supermedia is doing a good job currently.
Bob R.

You're not dreaming. I am one of those (there were a few others) who had some problems with bad shipping from Supermedia (around 9 months ago I think). I had 2 orders in a row with damaged media because they packed too loosely and stuff banged around so much it cracked open a cake box (one order) and a wrapped spindle (diffferent order). I only lost a few discs, but the packing was atrocious. Have not had the problem with any other supplier of media and maybe Supermedia has improved. Don't know, don't shop there anymore.

I should also mention I'm on the East coast, so they had a ways to travel. I use Meritline or Rima now and no problems. YMMV, of course. Nothing against Supermedia per se, they have good prices and many people are very happy with them, but I was not.
First ... 17  18  19 20  21  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop