Media deals this week - Page 90 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2671 of 2989 Old 03-07-2012, 10:26 AM
Senior Member
 
mickinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

I cannot determine from the text if that is Premium Line or Value Line disks. I certainly wouldn't make that judgment based on a displayed picture -- I've seen more than one "wrong" pictures in ads.

At least with SMS, they tell you up front in the product descriptor whether it is Premium Line or Value Line

I just talk to CR the discs are the prem line as the pic shows.[

MickinCT
mickinct is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2672 of 2989 Old 03-07-2012, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Church AV Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: High Desert, California
Posts: 4,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dare2be View Post

Not with shipping at $7.50 (higher as you buy more).

Fair enough. I usually order them in groups of 600 at a time, which is a case. In those quantities, the disks from Rima are 26.5 cents per disk, and from Media Depot, they are 27 cents per disk. If you are only buying one stack of 100, then the Media Depot is a better deal. For a single stack of 100, SMS wants 36 cents a piece for them.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Church AV Guy is offline  
post #2673 of 2989 Old 03-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member
 
Super Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 933
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 18
London drugs has the AZO 16x - or + for $12.99 for 50. Walk in or Internet.
Untill April 01 2012

16x -R AZO

16x +R AZO
Super Eye is offline  
post #2674 of 2989 Old 03-16-2012, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
DigaDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pacific Northwest.
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Today I purchased a low priced TDK CD-R spindle. This is the first product I've seen where the spindle base and top are threaded:
LL

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
DigaDo is offline  
post #2675 of 2989 Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Member
 
dvrtyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Verbatim AZO up to 16x at Amazon, ~$27/100, shipped. Here's a link to the -Rs: http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97460.../ref=pd_cp_e_2

And for 54 cents more, the +Rs: http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97459...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

With the recent posts stating that good quality 16X disks are no harder on our stand-alone DVDRs than 8X, thought these might be worth posting. Of course, there's no indication of country of origin.
dvrtyro is offline  
post #2676 of 2989 Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Chingu808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrtyro View Post

Verbatim AZO up to 16x at Amazon, ~$27/100, shipped. Here's a link to the -Rs: http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97460.../ref=pd_cp_e_2

And for 54 cents more, the +Rs: http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97459...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

With the recent posts stating that good quality 16X disks are no harder on our stand-alone DVDRs than 8X, thought these might be worth posting. Of course, there's no indication of country of origin.

I purchased two 100 spindles on 03-15-12 for $21.99 per 100 spindle from Amazon.com. First time in a long time since they dropped that low on Amazon.com. The price dropped to $21.99 and then back up to $27.99 twice that day.
Chingu808 is offline  
post #2677 of 2989 Old 03-20-2012, 05:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 9,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post

I purchased two 100 spindles on 03-15-12 for $21.99 per 100 spindle from Amazon.com. First time in a long time since they dropped that low on Amazon.com. The price dropped to $21.99 and then back up to $27.99 twice that day.

Your supposed to post here to let the rest of us know when they are having such a good deal, of course after you've already placed your order
I swear they must have 2 people hired full time just to change prices at Amazon I just don't get the purpose of their yo-yo pricing...
jjeff is offline  
post #2678 of 2989 Old 03-21-2012, 08:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Westly-C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Techno World
Posts: 3,000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Late notice-- for Verbatim 16x 50 pack spindle
White inkjet printable...get $5 off the $19.99 regular price with the promo code.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817130999
Sale expires Thur the 22nd. One day left.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
Westly-C is offline  
post #2679 of 2989 Old 03-21-2012, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Church AV Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: High Desert, California
Posts: 4,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrtyro View Post

Verbatim AZO up to 16x at Amazon, ~$27/100, shipped. Here's a link to the -Rs: http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97460.../ref=pd_cp_e_2

And for 54 cents more, the +Rs: http://www.amazon.com/Verbatim-97459...=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

With the recent posts stating that good quality 16X disks are no harder on our stand-alone DVDRs than 8X, thought these might be worth posting. Of course, there's no indication of country of origin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post

I purchased two 100 spindles on 03-15-12 for $21.99 per 100 spindle from Amazon.com. First time in a long time since they dropped that low on Amazon.com. The price dropped to $21.99 and then back up to $27.99 twice that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Your supposed to post here to let the rest of us know when they are having such a good deal, of course after you've already placed your order
I swear they must have 2 people hired full time just to change prices at Amazon I just don't get the purpose of their yo-yo pricing...

While that IS a great price, I'm afraid I have to pass on it. I still have close to 2000 blank T-Ys on a shelf (well, two shelves really) at the moment, so I think I'm good for a while.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Church AV Guy is offline  
post #2680 of 2989 Old 03-21-2012, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Chingu808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post

I purchased two 100 spindles on 03-15-12 for $21.99 per 100 spindle from Amazon.com. First time in a long time since they dropped that low on Amazon.com. The price dropped to $21.99 and then back up to $27.99 twice that day.

Okay here you go it is now marked down to $21.99 at Amazon.com once again. For the Verbatim 95102 4.7 GB up to 16x Branded Recordable Disc DVD-R (100-Disc Spindle). Who knows how long this will last at that price. Make sure you pick the "retail packaging" one. The "Frustrationg-Free Packaging" one is still $26.99.
Chingu808 is offline  
post #2681 of 2989 Old 03-21-2012, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
billmich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 33
let me know when there is a good deal on DVD-R DL discs (like free shipping)...lol
billmich is offline  
post #2682 of 2989 Old 03-21-2012, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 9,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingu808 View Post

Okay here you go it is now marked down to $21.99 at Amazon.com once again. For the Verbatim 95102 4.7 GB up to 16x Branded Recordable Disc DVD-R (100-Disc Spindle). Who knows how long this will last at that price. Make sure you pick the "retail packaging" one. The "Frustrationg-Free Packaging" one is still $26.99.

Thanks for the tip! just picked up 3 spindles of the "frustration" packaging I don't know, I've never had a problem opening up Verbatim spindles

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post

let me know when there is a good deal on DVD-R DL discs (like free shipping)...lol

Last time I purchased DLs I got 50 2.4x Verbatim +Rs for $39.99 shipped, no tax I purchased them from Newegg but Amazon had them for a few hours at that price too but I missed out so I got them for the same price at Newegg. If your open to lower quality DLs Microcenter regularly sells Windata 8x 100 spindles for $39.99 but with DLs I only trust Verbatims and prefer the 2.4x speed.
I never see great deals on -R DLs so DLs are the only time I use the + format DVDs in my Panasonics.
jjeff is offline  
post #2683 of 2989 Old 03-21-2012, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 9,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Thanks for the tip! just picked up 3 spindles of the "frustration" packaging I don't know, I've never had a problem opening up Verbatim spindles

Well I forgot to purchase something else from Amazon so I needed to add to my order to get free shipping. I ordered 1 more spindle for $21.99 but when I placed the order I was told Amazon placed a limit on the DVDs It wouldn't let me purchase even one spindle this time! Not sure if they are out or the limit is 3 and the new order was tied to my previous order....bummer, no Mockingjay for the kid this order
jjeff is offline  
post #2684 of 2989 Old 03-21-2012, 05:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
billmich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 1,413
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

I never see great deals on -R DLs so DLs are the only time I use the + format DVDs in my Panasonics.


only interested in the dash-R DL's at the moment
billmich is offline  
post #2685 of 2989 Old 03-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Member
 
dvrtyro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 65
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For $21.99/100, I had to order the Verbatim AZO -Rs. Added to the ~270 TY/JVC 8X -R's on hand, I should be rolling in disks for at least a year.

Need something to make the $25 for free shipping? Here ya go- *Everybody* needs packing tape, & this has twice the normal amount, at the normal price!

Link: http://www.amazon.com/LePages-Seal-B...864116&sr=1-51
dvrtyro is offline  
post #2686 of 2989 Old 03-22-2012, 07:43 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Delaware - The First State (USA)
Posts: 9,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 324
The prices of BD-R have continued to decline. A 10-pack of Titan 4X BD-R is going for $0.86/disk at SupermediaStore.com if you buy 4 or more -- you have to buy 6 x 10-packs ($51.54) to get free shipping.

The price of Verbatim 6X BD-R LTH have gone through the floor -- $0.60/disk as a 20-pack. That's probably because they can't give them away. All the reviews basically say the same thing -- can't burn them; can't play them; got my money back; got burned. LTH is a total bust -- stay away.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Kelson is offline  
post #2687 of 2989 Old 03-22-2012, 08:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Church AV Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: High Desert, California
Posts: 4,556
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

.
.
.
The price of Verbatim 6X BD-R LTH have gone through the floor -- $0.60/disk as a 20-pack. That's probably because they can't give them away. All the reviews basically say the same thing -- can't burn them; can't play them; got my money back; got burned. LTH is a total bust -- stay away.

Isn't LTH the only type of BR disk that Tayio-Yuden makes? Was that a bad decision on their part or what?

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
Church AV Guy is offline  
post #2688 of 2989 Old 03-22-2012, 09:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Delaware - The First State (USA)
Posts: 9,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy View Post

Isn't LTH the only type of BR disk that Tayio-Yuden makes? Was that a bad decision on their part . .

Yes and yes. They get the same poor reviews as the Verbatim LTH disks -- 5 yr after their introduction and still few players/burners support LTH -- only T-Y and Verbatim are LTH players. Given that the word is out about LTH disks, at $1.50/disk for the T-Y LTH, I can't see who would buy them over real BD-R. They can't even sell the Verbatim LTH at less than 1/2 the cost of T-Y LTH.

LTH was designed to be a cheaper organic dye based alternative to real BD-R that could be made on existing DVD-R lines with no new investment. And while it was cheaper at its introduction, they didn't count on the chinese pushing the manufacturing costs of real BD-R down so much and so fast. By the time they started making them in quantity for sale, chinese BD-R were already comparably priced and still dropping. Because BD-R is a different technology with a solid-state recording layer there appears to be little difference between the brands. The chinese stuff is getting consistently high marks. Verbatim has dropped the price of their real 6X BD-R to where their LTH disks were selling a year ago. At $1.64/disk in quantity they are price competitive with chinese 6X BD-R.

Probably more than you wanted to know.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Kelson is offline  
post #2689 of 2989 Old 03-22-2012, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
doswonk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: No Man's Land Bet. Des Moines & Iowa City
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvrtyro View Post

For $21.99/100, I had to order the Verbatim AZO -Rs. Added to the ~270 TY/JVC 8X -R's on hand, I should be rolling in disks for at least a year.

Need something to make the $25 for free shipping? Here ya go- *Everybody* needs packing tape, & this has twice the normal amount, at the normal price!

Link: http://www.amazon.com/LePages-Seal-B...864116&sr=1-51

Ditto. Can't say "no" to AZO Verbs at that price. I ordered 3 in Frustration Packaging (for 5 bucks less, I can deal with it). And no problem making the $25 Free Super Saver Shipping limit. I always keep a bunch of things in my saved cart that I want/need but don't have to have immediately. That way I always have something to toss on the pile if I need to make the FSSS threshhold.

Of course, these discs will be mostly for use in my newest Magnavox DVDRs and in my duplicator, though as I understand it from recent posts, the whole "8x is easier on your DVD drive than 16x" rule of thumb has come up for debate. (No, don't wanna open up that can o' worms here.)
doswonk1 is offline  
post #2690 of 2989 Old 03-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Senior Member
 
csun213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, I have always used Verbatim DVD+R disc in my computer however I have noticed that on Amazon, they have the DVD-R 100 disc for about $22 while the DVD+R 100 disc is about $28. Is there any difference between the DVD+R and the DVD-R if I am using my computer to burn the disc to be used in my 4 different DVD player? Thanks
csun213 is offline  
post #2691 of 2989 Old 03-22-2012, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 9,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by doswonk1 View Post

Ditto. Can't say "no" to AZO Verbs at that price. I ordered 3 in Frustration Packaging (for 5 bucks less, I can deal with it).

Did you try and order more or like me just decide on 3? I'm thinking 3 may have been the limit because when I went back later and tried to order 1 more I was told I had reached the max limit I tried again today but they are back up to $27.21 The FFP are now lower at $26.99

csun213, I'd purchase whatever format is cheaper for your PC or Magnavox DVDRs. For Panasonics I always purchase - media even if a bit more, Pannys really don't like + media although all post '04 models will burn them.
jjeff is offline  
post #2692 of 2989 Old 03-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Member
 
tonypeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 40
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmich View Post

only interested in the dash-R DL's at the moment

Try this http://www.supermediastore.com/produ...-media-10-pack
tonypeter is offline  
post #2693 of 2989 Old 03-22-2012, 02:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
jjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 9,760
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonypeter View Post

Try this http://www.supermediastore.com/produ...-media-10-pack

Thats as good as I've seen($1.30 each in 60 quanity) and for top quality Tys at that! Only problem is it looks like they are out of stock no mention of when they will be back either...
jjeff is offline  
post #2694 of 2989 Old 03-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
doswonk1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: No Man's Land Bet. Des Moines & Iowa City
Posts: 655
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Did you try and order more or like me just decide on 3? I'm thinking 3 may have been the limit because when I went back later and tried to order 1 more I was told I had reached the max limit I tried again today but they are back up to $27.21 The FFP are now lower at $26.99

Yep, only ordered 3......that's 300 more discs, and I'm pretty full up already on TY 8x and Verb 8x.

I guess I should have tried to put 4 in my basket to see what happens.....I got a little distracted, though, because I decided to pre-order the next re-release of RCA's Toscanini Collection (85 CDs for ~$1.75 a piece). Duplicates stuff I already have, but for that price....

Back on topic: lately I've noticed that SuperMediaStore hasn't been having as many sales on TY 8x. Wonder if it's become enough of a niche market they don't have to.
doswonk1 is offline  
post #2695 of 2989 Old 03-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Senior Member
 
philherz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 493
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff View Post

Wow this thread has sure been quiet
For anyone looking for +RW discs, doesn't get much better than 50 cents a piece w/free shipping! 30 spindle/$14.99 for probably the best RWs around.
4x Verbatims from Newegg, link courtesy of Woot!
http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/...834-5-coupon#0
Good through 2/29

Boy, wish I'd seen this before it had expired!!!

Can anyone recommend any other brand RWs?

I've only used Verbatims for the last few years after getting so many coasters from the junk brands, but they go on sale sooooo infrequently.

thnx

DirecTV Amherst, NY
philherz is offline  
post #2696 of 2989 Old 03-23-2012, 12:45 AM
Senior Member
 
MarkB49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
2 years ago i bought a sony gx-257.It worked pretty well for 8 months.
I bought TDK 16x -R 100 spindle for 9.99 on 5-28-10.
Target at times has the Sony +RW 25 stack for 17.19 LOL (that's the new 16.99 deal)
Anyway i got that deal a couple of times there.
Fry's put the Toshiba DR-430 onsale.Got it on2-4-12 picked up a 100 stack
of -R Maxell while i was there for 24.99.

No failure at all the the Maxell's !!
MarkB49 is offline  
post #2697 of 2989 Old 03-23-2012, 12:50 AM
Senior Member
 
MarkB49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Metro Atlanta
Posts: 265
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The sony 257 was a 68.88 referb fro Brandsmat.

The TDK 100 stack was from Fry's.

You can pull up Fry's friday sale paper onthe net . Sometimes at 6 am.
MarkB49 is offline  
post #2698 of 2989 Old 03-24-2012, 09:37 AM
Senior Member
 
mickinct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post

The prices of BD-R have continued to decline. A 10-pack of Titan 4X BD-R is going for $0.86/disk at SupermediaStore.com if you buy 4 or more -- you have to buy 6 x 10-packs ($51.54) to get free shipping.

The price of Verbatim 6X BD-R LTH have gone through the floor -- $0.60/disk as a 20-pack. That's probably because they can't give them away. All the reviews basically say the same thing -- can't burn them; can't play them; got my money back; got burned. LTH is a total bust -- stay away.

The verb's are sold out, missed the deal, at .60 ea. let me know when someone sees that price again. i've used these and have NO problems when using them on my pc asus and sony burners.

MickinCT
mickinct is offline  
post #2699 of 2989 Old 03-24-2012, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Kelson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Delaware - The First State (USA)
Posts: 9,928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 169 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickinct View Post

The verb's are sold out, missed the deal, at .60 ea. let me know when someone sees that price again. i've used these and have NO problems when using them on my pc sony burners.

You may be out of luck. I have a strong feeling that Verbatim will pull the plug on LTH.

- kelson h

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten . . . life is too short to drink bad wine

Kelson is offline  
post #2700 of 2989 Old 03-24-2012, 11:20 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Dartman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,630
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
MY LG GGW H20L is supposed to be able to burn LTH disks no problem but they did add support through firmware. Havent ever got any to try but I think it depends on the drive and the manufacture providing support for them.
The few BD disks I've burned with it play in my first gen Panasonic just fine, though I haven't bought any blanks because of cost. Nobody sell quality media in store now as far as DVD blanks go so it's like the old days when you'd check the codes on the package and disks trying to find a grade blanks and most of the time ending up with crappy CMC and other b grade stuff.
Dartman is offline  
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off