AVS Forum banner

Media deals this week

353K views 3K replies 254 participants last post by  plplplpl 
#1 ·
Circuit City has the TDK 25pks of +R or -R for $8. So far I have had zero problems with the + or - TDK 25packs.

There's also a 50pk of Staples branded discs at $8 (see other thread on this). So far, I have had 5 succesful burns and one that stopped at 2/3rds of the way proclaming the disc is full. The visible writeable area of the disc is not full. It won't record any more but it was finalized and can play fine on a stand-alone player.

Does anyone have any DVD-RW deals? They are not as common as +R/-R :)

#2 ·
Deals for next week (starting Sunday 12/12/05):

* 50pk Sony +/-R for $16 (32c per disc) @ Staples

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonDawg /forum/post/0

Assuming they are still made in Japan, the Staples Sony deal is an excellent one. I have burned over 100 of these discs on both Sony and Pioneer recorders and have had NO problems whatsoever.

I'll check next time I'm there. Their Sony 25pk 2x -RW are made in Taiwan.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder696969 /forum/post/0

STILL waiting for the Fuji colors at "PaperFastener" @ 30 for $8 to come back again.

They also had a 100pk Fuji slim-cases on sale for the same price at that time as well. I should have bought more of those as well. But it looks like there are some other good deals on +R/-R this week from Sony, Verbatim, Fuji silvers, etc. -RW and -RAM deals are harder to find it appears.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaahoops /forum/post/0

Circuit City has the TDK 25pks of +R or -R for $8. So far I have had zero problems with the + or - TDK 25packs.

Yeah, I picked up a couple of those.

#10 ·
I'm just trying to keep all my recordings on the same media. I use the Fuji colors only and go: yellow for comedy/drama, blue for action/sci-fi/horror, and green for sports/documentary/etc. Same with the cases. It's really bumming me out that it's taking so long after they were coming on sale every 2-3 weeks for a while. Plus, the deal can't be beat and I've never had a coaster...ever.

#11 ·
Spydy

That is a brilliant thing to do,
sincerely. Wow!

You are so organized I bet you wear days of the week underwear. I used to but there was no Sunday. It made going to church really uncomfortable.

#12 ·
Deals this week, starting Sunday December 18, 2005:

* Verbatim 16x DVD+R/-R at Office Max: 25pk for $8; 50pk for $15

* 25pk Maxell +/-R at various drugstores for $10 - one of the Walgreens had a made in Japan

Any deals on -RW or -RAM?

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbrousters /forum/post/0

Spydy

That is a brilliant thing to do,
sincerely. Wow!

You are so organized I bet you wear days of the week underwear. I used to but there was no Sunday. It made going to church really uncomfortable.

I don't wear underwear, so no one can every say I get my undies in a bunch.

They all are listed in alphabetical order too. For series, I go by air date. I got my system way back in the day of living with roommates that borrowed CDs or movies. I could walk into the room and ask who borrowed one specific CD out of 400, or know what movie was missing out of around 700. Those days are gone, but the system stayed with me for life. It's just easier that way.

#14 ·
I just got the 50pk Verbatim from OfficeMax - they are Made in Taiwan, but at 30c per disc it's not a bad deal. I haven't used any of them yet.

#15 ·
As I am browsing the Sunday paper of January 1, 2006, I found these deals:

The underlying theme this week is 50packs for $15 :)

* 50pk Maxell +/- $15 @ Office Depot - don't know if they are MIJ

* 50pk Fuji silvers +/- @ Best Buy - don't nkow if they are MIJ

* 50pk HP +/- $15 @ Staples

* 50pk Imation +/- $14 @ Office Max

* 50pk Memorex +/- $14 @ Comp USA

* 25pk Khypermedia +/- $7 @ Office Max

* 25pk TDK +/- $8 @ Circuit City

* 100pk Nameless +/- $20 @ Comp USA - the deal is only good Sun/Mon. The DVDs too :)

* 25pk DVD+RW Memorex $13 @ Comp USA

* 10pk Verbatim DVD+R DL $20 @ Office Max

The multi-color Fujis were nowhere to be found at my local Staples. Maybe they moved them again?

Sadly, no specials on DVD-RAM or DVD-RW :-(

Also I was a bit shocked: Comp USA has a two day special of $1000 for a 42" nameless Plasma (!) with no rebates. I don't know much about TVs, but I haven't seen a 42" plasma that low before. So I am guessing they either have a few per store or they are totally junky? :)

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaahoops /forum/post/0

Also I was a bit shocked: Comp USA has a two day special of $1000 for a 42" nameless Plasma (!) with no rebates. I don't know much about TVs, but I haven't seen a 42" plasma that low before. So I am guessing they either have a few per store or they are totally junky? :)

If the picture quality looks good in the store, maybe this is one of those occasions that buying the item along with the store's extended warranty would be appropriate.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkart /forum/post/0

I just got an email from supermediastore.com, they've knocked another 10% off of their T-Y 4x DVD-Rs, 200 for $54 shipped, three days only. I picked up another 200 . . .

Thanks, I just ordered another 200 plus 200 paper sleeves for only $62.29 total shipped. Just love those T-Ys...

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoRoy /forum/post/0

I bought quite a few of these 50 packs. I had previously burned about 75 of them in various recorders without any coasters.

All my burners seem to like Verbatim and all the manufacturers of my burners reccomend them.

Anybody have a good source for Verbatim DVD-R DL? They seem to be scarce and expensive. +R DL are starting to drop a little in price.

I am halfway through a 50pk of those (with Panasonic ES20) from Office Max with no problems so far.

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoRoy /forum/post/0

Anybody have a good source for Verbatim DVD-R DL? They seem to be scarce and expensive. +R DL are starting to drop a little in price.

I've been getting the Verbatim DVD+R DL's at Buy.com (around $30 for a 10-pack). I've been getting the Verbatim DVD-R DL's at either Meritline.com or I think it was OnSale.com, right around $5/disc.

Meritline backordered (for just a few days they say) my order of 25 Ritek DVD-R DL's for $2/disc.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgazzara /forum/post/0

Thanks, I just ordered another 200 plus 200 paper sleeves for only $62.29 total shipped. Just love those T-Ys...

I followed your lead today and ordered 400 of these 4X's. I don't trust the 8X and 16X media that is prevalent today for use in my E100. At this price, how can I go wrong?

Has anybody tried printing on them with a Casio thermal printer? I must get my Casio CW-100 connected up one of these days and see how well it works.

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.