Polaroid DVD Recorder - Page 96 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #2851 of 2859 Old 03-30-2011, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The DRA-01601A most certainly DOES have a on/off power switch on the front of the unit. It is hard to see when you're looking right at it, but it is on the left side under the Polaroid insignia. It's a black button bar in the black part of the case. The button must be held in until there is some sign of life. Pushing and walking away does nothing. Twice now, after not using the unit for a while, I have pulled the cover off the case thinking the switch was broken or the PS was dead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2852 of 2859 Old 03-30-2011, 03:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Interesting. The manual makes mo mention of a power switch at all, which is what I based my statement on, since I don't actually own a DRA-01601A. Funny that it is not listed on the page with the buttons and indicators.

Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.-JOA
post #2853 of 2859 Old 05-18-2011, 04:21 AM

DVD in Polo comes to life.
I posted last fall that my DVD in the Polo in the RV wouldn't work anymore. I got lazy and just let it sit all winter.
This spring I took the unit out - and it works again, perfectly. I think the suggestion on humidity as a cause was likely right, so I'll keep a close tab on that this year. It sure is nice to have the time shift option on the road.
Grant
post #2854 of 2859 Old 05-18-2011, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantsoo View Post

DVD in Polo comes to life.
I posted last fall that my DVD in the Polo in the RV wouldn't work anymore. I got lazy and just let it sit all winter.
This spring I took the unit out - and it works again, perfectly. I think the suggestion on humidity as a cause was likely right, so I'll keep a close tab on that this year. It sure is nice to have the time shift option on the road.
Grant

It must like being home, rather than on the road!
post #2855 of 2859 Old 07-10-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnerbum View Post

It must like being home, rather than on the road!

It sure is. Whenever the wife says something, I can pause the TV and give her my full attention and not miss anything.
What more could I ask for?
post #2856 of 2859 Old 09-27-2011, 04:37 AM

I ran into a problem with the DVD not working again in the motorhome. Since I thought it might be moisture due to high humidity, I just turned it on early in the afternoon and let it heat up. By 6:00 pm it was good to go. This worked for me twice.
Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.
post #2857 of 2859 Old 09-29-2011, 02:22 PM

Yes, it happen to me too and I did what you advised and work.
post #2858 of 2859 Old 09-30-2011, 11:27 AM

Liked: 11
I think I would be checking the capacitors in the power supply. They may have high ESR, and be on the way out. Replacing them before failure can prevent more costly damage.
Look for bulged tops and leaks of electrolyte. If you can test them with an ESR meter, so much the better.
tom
post #2859 of 2859 Old 12-09-2011, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I've got a DRM-2001G which has gone dead on me. It happened a few months ago, when I noticed the display on the unit was going nuts, scrolling random characters. I unplugged it, and plugged it back in, nothing. I messed with it a bit at the time, checked the power supply for bulging/leaking caps, found nothing. Set it aside for a few months. Put it back together a few weeks ago, and magically, it worked again. It worked for a few weeks, then started scrolling random characters on the screen again. Unplugged it, waited awhile, plugged it back in, nothing again. Same issue as before. Power supply appears normal, no bulges, no hotspots. I'm getting the voltage to the front board, but it appears that nothing is signalling the PS to turn on the other voltages to the other components.

I've done an extensive search for information on the PS, and turned up nothing of value. Does any one have a schematic, or trouble shooting info on the PS? Does anyone know of another unit that was sold in the US that has the same PS (DVR3000)?Does anyone have a defunct 2001G they'd be willing to sell for cheap so maybe I can make one good one out of two?

I like this unit because of the ability to record from component, and the built in audio decoder. Hate to give up on it!

Jon
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page