I have looked everywhere for a way to make the recorder zone free. There are plenty of "hacks" out there for samsungs, but they are for zone 2 models. Any trick for the zone 1 (US) model? (menu 57538 and 76884 don't work...)
Thanks for any reply
Seems like we are out of luck. The hacks do not work on region 1. I think the best chance we have is with Philips recorders. Even if the hack did work the Samsung does not support PAL so it would not be much help.
Here's a hack that might work for a Region 1 Samsung R135 posted on videohelp.com by "Soviet" on 12/24/06...YMMV:
1. Be sure there is no disc inside the device.
2. Power on your player.
3. Press "Menu" on remote.
4. Using your remote control enter 2, 9, 3, 3, 4.
5. A code should be displayed on the screen indicating the current Region setting of your unit.
4. Press the 9 (or 0) button on your remote control for Region free.
5. Double press the "Menu" button on your remote.