Oooh I didn't know about those two! Let me do some revisionist history to my previous post so it won't confuse new readers of this thread....
Their in-english Japanese/global website is is not updated with the new models, so we have to make do with the computer translations :-(
These some features I am guestimating from the Japanese computer translation
* dual-tuner models or it can record two digital programs at the same time; not sure!
* -R/-RW/-R DL/-RAM, HDMI
* high prices,
* 39 hours on the RD-S300, 78 on the RD-S600, using 17mbps in TS mode (???) with terrestrial digital.
* advanced automatic recording with learning function - maybe Series and finding similar programs based on what you record (perhaps similar to TiVo?)
* "magic chapter" function - have no clue what this is; it looks like it may put chapter marks based on change of scenery in the video?? http://18.104.22.168/translate_c?&u...eup/magic.html
* VR mode on both DVD-RW and DVD-R DL and DVD-R even
* the webpage has two remote controls per model ?!?!!? http://22.214.171.124/translate_c?&u...2/pr_j0102.htm
Some funny computer translations
* Knitting machine and video mode (LOL)
* we cannot recommend the mothballing to HDD
* they translate "record" to "videotaped" even though they talk about DVDs/HDDs.