question about my dvd recorder (samsung r135) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Like many dvd recorders it has a firewire input on it to record videos from my camcorder onto a dvd. I also have the Motorola dct6200 cable stb to display hd on my samsung lns3251d. I can record programs I watch on my r135 however through coax it always comes out kind of crappy looking (resolution aside, I know I cant record hd and thats not a problem).
What I am wondering is if I could buy a 4-6 pin firewire cable and connect the two (the stb and the dvd recorder) and record programs that way?

If that is not possible or is not optimal, could I try just using composite from the box to the recorder?

Just trying to find the best way to do this thing, I think my recorder doesnt accept and replay from coax that well (happens when I watch through it, I've tryed running different cables etc. The output on the recorder is hdmi so I dont think its from the recorder to the tv thats the problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 05:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Is the firewire output of the STB even turned on?

S-video would be better than composite which is better than coax.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

The FireWire output on STB's is typically MPEG Transport Stream. DVD Recorders only accept DV on their FireWire inputs.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 05:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 134
If you try Composite cables, I'd recommend trying the Digital cables from Wal-Mart. I just installed those in place of the typical Composite cables and it made quite a noticeable difference...even better than my good S-Vid cable. Pricey, but maybe worth a try?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
post #5 of 5 Old 01-05-2007, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkart View Post

The FireWire output on STB's is typically MPEG Transport Stream. DVD Recorders only accept DV on their FireWire inputs.

interesting. I might try svideo, I can pick up a cable for cheap so if it doesnt help at all then its not a huge loss.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page