Panasonic DMR-EZ47V: DVD/VCR recorder with ATSC (digitl), QAM(digitl) & Analog Tuners - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 634 Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 19
i appreciate all the help but not sure im locating this. i have the DMR-EZ47V and the closest thing i see to this is in the 2nd photo(which is to the right side of dvd drive on right side of unit.) im usually good at finding stuff so i dunno...lol.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 634 Old 12-13-2012, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz2k View Post

i appreciate all the help but not sure im locating this. i have the DMR-EZ47V and the closest thing i see to this is in the 2nd photo(which is to the right side of dvd drive on right side of unit.) im usually good at finding stuff so i dunno...lol...

That's it, you've found it!

Be sure to heed the CAUTION in my earlier post.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #633 of 634 Old 12-13-2012, 08:37 PM

i was able to get it open and pull the dvd out. i tried to be careful and maybe i have a bigger problem or screwed it up even..i dunno. i've got it all put back together. the dvd drive still isnt really responding. ex. i press open, a second later it says close and doesnt appear to do anything. i wonder what to try next. keep trying or try to get it serviced. these players are almost becoming out of existence with my cable co going all digital. however, i'd love to fix it just to play dvds and i like it has hdmi.

also, sometimes when i turn dvd player on..it just says open. i drifted the drive back in after dvd was pulled.
post #634 of 634 Old 12-16-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzy View Post

I run a small TV service shop In Iowa and I have purchased 8 of these EZ47 recorders as store returns in AS-IS condition on Ebay. Most have hardly been used. In each case the digital board , the one with the LSI chip on it and the HDMI socket on it is bad!! The LSI chip runs very hot under normal operation. Seeing so many units with the same problem scares me a bit as to how long these boards may last. When this board fails the unit will turn on ,give many 0000 across the readout and then finaly say Hello. The DVD tray will never open and the VCR will take the tape but never give it back! No video output of any kind or menue. The unit is not passing self test. I am putting a heat sink on the chip of my only working unit with the hope of heading off a problem. The panasonic parts house does not have any info or price on this board yet. Al

this is my exact issue along with U99 error. time to read over everything here! its either going to be serviced or replaced.

update: i'm in touch with mickinct. thanks.
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page