How do I back up my Dish DVR 625? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-20-2007, 12:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

Hopefully I didn't miss an obvious thread explaining these things. I did a search.

I'm scared that my 625 hard drive is starting to go bad, and I'm trying to figure out how best to back up the 40+ hours already stored. Of course, now that the fall season is starting I record a ton of new stuff each week, too.

As I understand it I have two options - a dvd standalone recorder and an external hard drive. What are the pros and cons of each?

How do I actually hook either one up?

If the best choice is an EHD, how do I access the info to play the recordings on my tv?

If a dvd recorder is best, I need help deciding which one to get. I need it to play back the burned dvds as my old toshiba dvd player cannot recognize burned discs. I also need the dvd recorder to reliably record shows and to do so at a decent quality. I don't have HD yet, but in anticipation of that switch in a few months I'd like a recorder decent enough to last a couple of years.

Also I've heard some dvd recorders have compatibility issues - i.e. some will only recognize a specific brand of recordable dvds. Any input on that would be great.

Should the dvd recorder have a hard drive? I use the dish 625 to actually record everything, so I don't know how useful the hard drive would be.

Any guidance would be fantastic, thanks!
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page