Magnavox 557, 537, 535, 533, 515, 513, 2160A, 2160, 2080 & Philips 3576, 3575 - Page 101 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #3001 of 25743 Old 01-26-2009, 06:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownGuy View Post

Didn't wajo, or maybe somebody else, say its usually better to let your HDTV upconvert a signal to its native resolution (1080P in my case)? I kinda wondered about that. If I use the HDMI cable from my Maggie to the HDTV and let the Maggie upconvert to 1080P is it possible that I'm going to get a worse signal than sending component video (at 480i as Dartman says)?

Yes, I said that today's TVs have much better pic-creating/component-separating circuitry than our cheap DVDRs and I send live TV, HDD and DVD titles via 480p to my 1080p LCD. I see no real difference between 480p and 1080p HDMI output in MY system.

Other people with diff. TVs and TV source could see it a diff. way, so it's good to try all HDMI formats, esp. the diff. between RGB and YCbCr (which I use). YCbCr is digital Component Video (YPbPr/Component cables is analog) and, since comm. DVDs are produced with YCbCr, my YCbCr setting keeps the signal digital from source to TV. To use YCbCr, your HDTV has to be "compatible" but I have to ass-u-me most, if not all, are today, but even if not, our DVDRs will auto-revert to RGB???

I also don't have my Mag 2160 yet so that could make a diff... just don't know yet. Some people here have both units and might be able to offer some info on whether there's any noticeable diff. in their 3575/3576 and the 2160?

More info here on "HDMI Setting" if interested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 25743 Old 01-26-2009, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post

I just ordered one.

By the way, you guys are evil. Last week I was having problems with my VCR and wanted look up information on possibly getting a plain DVD recorder or VCR/DVD combo machine. Now I find myself ordering this machine from Walmart for $240 + tax. Just evil.....

Tell me about it! We could've bought one of these cheapos like the uninformed masses. How does a sub $100 recorder get 4.5 stars in reviews? This kind of speaks for itself...

Does this unit have DVD RAM?

Chuckzzz responds There is no mention of DVD-RAM as an acceptable format in the manual, so I doubt it.

You can try it, just don't buy a spindle of 100 blanks.

Don't get your advice from walmart.com shoppers. Stick with AVS Forum!
post #3003 of 25743 Old 01-26-2009, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
post #3004 of 25743 Old 01-26-2009, 11:06 AM

Liked: 19
I've got the new Maggie hooked up.

Manufacture date Dec. '08.
No change in the firmware versions from earlier models.
My unit was number 11 of 42 units shipped from Funai to Walmart's PA distribution center according to the shipping label.

I'm going to make sure it works correctly then take it to a neighbor to try. I've been trying to get this neighbor to ditch the VCR for one of these since I got my first Maggie and the Philips. I'm hoping that once they actually use one and see it isn't that complicated to run they will want one. Hopefully by then they will still be in stock at Walmart.
post #3005 of 25743 Old 01-26-2009, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas_Tom View Post

I've got the new Maggie hooked up.

Manufacture date Dec. '08.
No change in the firmware versions from earlier models.
My unit was number 11 of 42 units shipped from Funai to Walmart's PA distribution center according to the shipping label.

Lucky you! Mine just arrived at the delivery facility (Woodland, PA) at 7:53AM today. I figure, at the rate things have been progressing, it'll probably hit my local Walmart for pickup on Wednesday. The Walmart trucks are much slower than FedEx or UPS...mine was only coming from 1 state away. It'll be worth the wait, though.

wajo said:

Yes, I said that today's TVs have much better pic-creating/component-separating circuitry than our cheap DVDRs and I send live TV, HDD and DVD titles via 480p to my 1080p LCD. I see no real difference between 480p and 1080p HDMI output in MY system.

Cool. Hey, thanks for the link to the page where it goes more in-depth on the subject, too. If I've learned anything, I think I've got a game plan now. I'll start out hooking up the Maggie via HDMI (I'll unplug something else to free up an HDMI input on my TV for the test). I'll compare HDMI at 480P vs. 1080P on my TV.

If they look almost the same, I'll put in an order for some component cables from monoprice. Hooking it up that way, I would set Progessive Scan = On on the Maggie to give me 480P which should be about the same picture as HDMI at 480P.

If the HDMI at 1080P looks better than HDMI at 480P, then I would set Progessive Scan = Off on the Maggie and I'll have to look into getting an HDMI splitter box (powered 4x1 or unpowered 2x1).

I'm hoping 480P looks just as good, as was the case on your Vizio.
post #3006 of 25743 Old 01-26-2009, 12:14 PM
AVS Special Member

FYI:Just did a reformat of the HDD on the H2160 no problems at all.
Approx 10 mnutes
Just remember to set date/time after power on and rescan your channels
post #3007 of 25743 Old 01-26-2009, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auskck View Post

FYI:Just did a reformat of the HDD on the H2160 no problems at all.
Approx 10 mnutes
Just remember to set date/time after power on

Great test, thanks!

Now, the only thing unknown on simple HDD relacement is will the same SKIP code and procedure work on a 2080... I goota think so, esp since one 2080 user found that his HDD was the 80BG Seagate model that's in our 3575/3576's!?
post #3008 of 25743 Old 01-26-2009, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I would set Progessive Scan = On on the Maggie to give me 480P which should be about the same picture as HDMI at 480P.

That Progressive Scan setting in the 3575/3576 and 2160 is only for Component connection...HDMI has its own, separate format control, and in the 3575/3576, Comp./S-Video ignore the setting when its ON (can't send Progressive signal).

However, while Prog. Scan is ON in the 2160, there's NO output from Comp. or S-Video.
post #3009 of 25743 Old 01-26-2009, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

Great test, thanks!

Now, the only thing unknown on simple HDD relacement is will the same SKIP code and procedure work on a 2080... I goota think so, esp since one 2080 user found that his HDD was the 80BG Seagate model that's in our 3575/3576's!?

I agree.
post #3010 of 25743 Old 01-26-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post

Convert to what? DVD?

Yep, since I downloaded the files on a computer anyway, I converted them to DVD for viewing. If I get a chance, I'll put some more DivX files on a disk and see if I can get a few pictures of how it looks. As I remember, it was sort of annoying but not so bad I couldn't have watched it. I did try changing some picture settings on my TV, but it just ended up cropping things or squishing it down to 4:3.
post #3011 of 25743 Old 01-26-2009, 05:13 PM

Are there any better sources for a 3576 replacement remote other than for $26.95 from Fox-International (which is the parts and accessories link from the Philips support page)?
post #3012 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I got mine hooked up last night, and what a picture improvement for TV when I hooked it up through the component video. It is amazing. One quick question though. I hooked the coax cable out to my input on my VCR. I thought doing this would allow me to watch TV through the VCR / TV without having my receiver on. Is this not possible via this method, or do I have the put the (Video & L&R ) as an input to the VCR and then watch it through the VCR's input rather than just through the antenna line?
post #3013 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 10:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingus View Post

I got mine hooked up last night, and what a picture improvement for TV when I hooked it up through the component video. It is amazing. One quick question though. I hooked the coax cable out to my input on my VCR. I thought doing this would allow me to watch TV through the VCR / TV without having my receiver on. Is this not possible via this method, or do I have the put the (Video & L&R ) as an input to the VCR and then watch it through the VCR's input rather than just through the antenna line?

VCRs send their internal stuff (taped video, channels, menus, etc.) thru the coax when set for "VCR" or some other named option.

Setting that to "TV" or other namd option should pass thru whatever signal it's receiving thru the coax.
post #3014 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

WOW! Got my 2160 and havin' fun!

The 2160 scanned my channels w/o sticking on digital ch. 91, which is a test channel with running oscilloscope trace... same channel my 3575's choke on every time. So far, all digital channels have survived the Wajo-Mad-Surf test!

The 2160 must have an 8X burner compared to the 3575's 4X... dubbed same title size, rec mode and -R 16X disc in HALF THE TIME as my 3575! A little slower on a -RW, tho.

The new HSD elapsed-time chart now looks like this... added my results plus DigaDo's 8X result.

DVDR Disc Speed/Type Rec. Time Rec. Mode Dub Time (min.)
3575 16X -R and +R 2:00:46 SLP 10
3575 16X -R and +R 2:02:53 SP 34*
2160 16X -R 2:02:54 SP 17*
2160 8X -R 2.7 hrs Mixed 19
3575 4X -RW 2:02:53 SP 25
3575 2X -RW 2:02:53 SP 25*
2160 2x -RW 2:02:54 SP 29*
3575 2X -RW 1:59:53 SP 25
3575 4X +RW 1:59:?? SP 21
3575 4X -RW 1:00:00 HQ 26.5
*Direct comparison of 3575 vs 2160 HSD burn speed, same disc brand/speed and filesize.
post #3015 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 06:40 PM

I recently purchased a Philips dvdr3576H at sams club had it set up and working in minutes, but a week or so ago I turned on the dvr to watch my timer recorded shows and all my digital station recorded blocks were blank(black screen) and all analog were ok. so i went into the menu checked my settings all ok, and when i re-auto programmed the tuner in analog/digital setup mode all i get now is analog stations. my Philips 42" LCD still gets both. i call support and the offered to send out a replacement unit in 2 to 4 weeks, with a single question asked? weird right! I didnt want to wait the long to be able to use the digit station recordings and I also could get my neighbors PPV's and on demands anyway,decided to exchange it at Sams and the brand new unit is doing the same thing, WTF is up with this thing the first unit worked fine for over a moth, now ive gotten a second one bad out of the box? Doesnt seem possible !
post #3016 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

RESET OPTIONS

DO NOT TELL CUSTOMER SUPPORT THAT YOU DID ANY OF THESE RESETS. TELL THEM YOU NEVER HEARD OF "SKIP CODES" OR "RESETS." IT COULD GIVE THEM A REASON (IN THEIR MINDS) TO DENY YOU ANY ASSISTANCE!

Jump To:
1. Freeze While Operating or Editing - UNPLUG
2. Frozen, No Power or Response - SOFT RESET
3. With Power - HARD RESET
4. Initialize/Format HDD
5. Menu Reset

• DVD tray won't open on new or hard-reset unit until it's set up, channels scanned, and you press DVD button first. More info.

• If unit shows a display in front panel but won't turn on with remote, try turning on with power button on front of unit to make sure it's not bad batteries in remote... esp. possible if you used the Funai-supplied batteries. Change batteries, you're done! Check posts here for some good battery info.

1. Freeze While Operating or Editing - UNPLUG

DO NOT TELL CUSTOMER SUPPORT THAT YOU DID ANY OF THESE RESETS. TELL THEM YOU NEVER HEARD OF "SKIP CODES" OR "RESETS."

UNPLUG FOR 5-10 SEC.

This is the cure for most temporary freezes or other op problems when unit has normal power and should *always* be tried first. Use Soft Reset, #2 below, for a "dead" unit, i.e., one that can't be powered on.

Replugging within 30 sec (1 hour with 515) should retain clock, settings and timer rec programs. Recorded titles are *never* lost no matter how long unplugged. If you have Auto Clock set to ON or to a MANUAL channel (even w/o a good time signal), you'll have at least 2 min. to replug (or maybe 60 hours w/515 like macdona's!?). Remember to check the Auto Clock setting just in case.

Go back to List. ...... Go to main list of help files.

2. Frozen, No Power or Response - SOFT RESET

DO NOT TELL CUSTOMER SUPPORT THAT YOU DID ANY OF THESE RESETS. TELL THEM YOU NEVER HEARD OF "SKIP CODES" OR "RESETS."

If unit is "frozen" and either won't turn on or respond to buttons on remote (with known good batteries), try power button on front of machine. If no joy...

1-Write down or take a pic of your timer programs... you'll lose those.
2-Unplug power cord and leave unplugged for X* min. to drain all residual power.
3-Depress and hold power button on front of unit 
while simultaneously replugging power cord.
4-Hold power button in until you see "P-on" in front-panel display.

You must see only - -:- - in display window, proving no residual power. If clock time appears, start over.

*357x/2080/2160/2160A/513 = 10 min., 515/53x at least 2.5 hours... no matter what FW version you have.

This Soft Reset retains recorded titles but loses clock time and timer programs... write them down for easy reconstruction or take a quick-n-dirty pic of screen! It *may* also lose some channel memory. It does NOT reset the Auto Clock or other custom setting, so whatever settings you had before power-pull will be the settings after power-replug. Never hurts to check, tho!

This Soft Reset has worked for many people, so disregard any boo-bird who says the button-press is not needed. One user PM'd me about his "dead" unit that wouldn't start up. He had already pulled power for reqd time and more and replugged normally several times with no joy. When he did this Soft Reset, his machine started up normally on first try. Also, see this post.

Note: It boggles my mind that anyone, except a diehard contrarian, would say you don't need to hold the power button in while re-plugging... you have to re-plug, so what's the big deal with also holding a button in while doing it! Damnamighty!!!

If you have operating problems BUT can still access menus, and don't want to wait for power drain, try Hard Reset, SKIP 123 (#3 below), which has no waiting period.

3. With Power - HARD RESET... SKIP and V.SKIP buttons are same thing.

Press SKIP 123 buttons on remote within 3 sec. At FW Versions screen, press OK button on remote.

This Reset requires access to menus, so machine can't be "frozen" or inoperable.

This Reset retains recorded titles but clears the unit's flash/SDRAM memory, which includes:
  1. OSD Language (menu/display language).
  2. CH+/- button memory (maybe only digitals... channels are still directly tunable, just not with CH+/- button).
  3. Clock.
  4. Timer rec programs.
  5. All General Settings... resets everything to defaults, incl. Auto Clock ON/OFF, Video Input, etc. Check ALL your General Settings to make sure they're back to the way you want them.

Items a, b and c will be auto-prompted, but you'll have to open Timer and Settings menus for d and e.

4. Initialize/Format HDD... SKIP and V.SKIP buttons are same thing.

Press SKIP 079 buttons on remote within 3 sec. After Self-Check screen fills in (2-3 sec), press OK button on remote.

This does the same as Hard Reset SKIP 123 BUT it also wipes all recorded titles.

Best use for this is to Format a replacement, upgrade or external HDD for 1st use. You DON"T need a format to "clean up" an existing or used HDD... deleting all titles does just as good since it deletes all pointers and allows overwriting/recording from Loc 0, as if the HDD was a new, unrecorded drive.

5. MENU RESET, General Setting > Reset All

357x, 2080, 2160, 2160A, 513 Only

Open the General Setting menu and, at the bottom, click Reset All.

The value of this reset is minimal, at best. It returns all General Setting options to their out-of-box defaults. It retains the clock, timer rec programs, recorded titles and channel memory. If you use this, make sure you go thru every Setup option and reset as desired, incl. Auto Clock which gets reset to its default, which is ON for all units except the MDR series, which are OFF by default.

post #3017 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

WOW! Got my 2160 and havin' fun!...

The 2160 must have an 8X burner compared to the 3575's 4X... dubbed same title size, rec mode and -R 16X disc in HALF THE TIME as my 3575! A little slower on a -RW, tho...

Anyone who ordered on 1-19 besides me still waiting? Here's my current status on the Walmart pony express...

Location Date Local Time Status
Woodland, PA 01/27/2009 06:21 AM In Transit to Store

Nice to see a -R burn in half the time since that is what people use most of the time. I'm surprised to see you using 16X rather than 8X discs.

By the way, I got a 10 pack of Memorex DVD-RW 2X (made in Taiwan) as a gift that have been collecting dust. I suppose you guys are going to say they should stay put on the shelf.
post #3018 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Anyone who ordered on 1-19 besides me still waiting?

Nice to see a -R burn in half the time since that is what people use most of the time. I'm surprised to see you using 16X rather than 8X discs.

By the way, I got a 10 pack of Memorex DVD-RW 2X (made in Taiwan) as a gift that have been collecting dust. I suppose you guys are going to say they should stay put on the shelf.

Don't keep those Memorex on the shelf, use them for people who bum copies from you... it'll be like writing a love note with disappearing ink!

My 2160 showed "In transit to store" from my local warehouse... and I mean local, we have a regional Dist. Center in our city... from Sunday 9:30 am to this morning's tel. call at 7:00 am... woke us up but I still made a beeline down to the store to pick it up by 8:00 am! (I had called the store and the nice lady who handles ship-to-store items said she'd be on the lookout for my new toy... she was true to her word!)

I've had 2 spindles of 100 ea 16X for the last year or so and am only now down to ~20 or so... then it's on to 8X TY from supermediastore.com. I burn very few discs anymore after getting all our home movies from VHS transferred... I think I've used most of my last spindle on TESTS!!!
post #3019 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Try running the exact coax that works for the TV into the 3576, maybe the cable your using has gotten loose or corroded a bit or something and no longer has enough signal for the digital part of the tuner. I had to redo all my cables and splitters and re arrange the setup to keep both the Philips and my cable modem happy after a while of use. I think Comcast has some bad cables coming into my house as every so often the analog channels get really snowy and low in signal but most of the time the digital channels are fine, also when this happens the modem looses sync with the extra load from the split and TV's hooked into that line.
I put the extra TV's on the other jack in the house and use Quad shielded cable rated for satellite TV and better splitters, seems to work better now.
Before I redid all the stuff the HD tuner in this PC would have dropouts, and so did the Philips every so often.
post #3020 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

My 3575 has burned almost any media I throw in it with pretty good results, doesn't seem to care what brand or speed. I think the drives are BenQ style burners so they may have some sort of self learning mode when they burn disks like the old BenQ/Philips 1620/1640/1655 did. Those drives could burn almost any crap media with good results as they would learn the best setup to burn unknown and known media.
Hard to say but the burns I have tested are usually pretty low error rates. I have had it hiccup on a few disks, but I'd say 90% of the time it just makes a great burn.
The dead drive was burning away, got stuck, then wouldn't recognize and disk thrown in it after that. Even doing the factory test reset hasn't helped but the other drive I replaced it with still works fine in it's new home.
post #3021 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

How's the 250 doing... any noticeable differences in op speed, etc.?
post #3022 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 09:26 PM
AVS Special Member

It's just slowly chugging away so far, it's recording the new Scrubs right now while we watch it as a backup, I'm also capping it in HD
I don't think it's any faster or slower so far, just a bit noisier. I edited the latest Earl it capped with no issues and it has about 6 saved titles now, the old drive had about 6 pages of old stuff on it when I pulled it. It was claiming 100 hours left at SP just before Scrubs came on. I used to run out of space all the time with my Panny E80H and the 80 gig in it.
Next step is for somebody to do a Nextoo on it and add a external cage for removable storage. I don't really want to hack mine up that far yet, maybe after the warranty runs out and I know it's stable.
Sounds like the Drive in the Maggy version is faster as far as the burner goes, would be interesting to get one in here and see if it's still faster. We need a source or replacement burners someday if we're going to keep these things going forever.
post #3023 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 09:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

We probably need someone to upgrade to a 250GB or higher with the same Seagate model line so we can make direct comparisons and get a better feel for long-term compatibility, etc. It's encouraging that your off-the-shelf (Woot?) 250 is working well so far!
post #3024 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 10:01 PM

I ordered my Mag on 1/19 and finally got email today for pickup.

As soon as I knew the unit shipped I hooked up another coax for OTA, set an HDMI cable next to my receiver and programmed my Harmony One with the new device, new activity and customized buttons. All I had to do tonight was unbox the unit and plug everything in. Patting myself on the back I attempted to fire everything up only to realize I logged in to the wrong Harmony account and update my 676 instead of my One! *sigh* So much for being prepared.

Anyway, setup was very easy as I already have a 3575 and have used this fantastic thread to get that one working just right. Thanks so much to everyone who has posted here with instructions, tips and troubleshooting. And a special thanks to wajo for the wealth of information presented at the beginning of this thread.
post #3025 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:

Anyone who ordered on 1-19 besides me still waiting? Here's my current status on the Walmart pony express...

I couldn't get my order in until 1-21, but had it shipped to home since Walmart wasn't convenient for me. Turned out great! Fedex delivered it on 1-24. It took Wal Mart 2 days to get it out of the Pa. warehouse, and only one day for Fedex to get it from Pa. to NY. Best $4.97 I ever spent.
post #3026 of 25743 Old 01-27-2009, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

The Woot drive is a early DVR spec drive, it is the exact same model as the Polaroid 2001g used except a 250 gig rather then a 80. It has a 2 meg cache and is 7200 RPM and I have some pics of the swap in the Early parts of the Polaroid thread if anyone wants to see what the models were. Woot must have gotten a great deal on refurbed ones from whatever manufacturer was using them because they sold a LOT of therm cheap. I actually bought the drive figuring as soon as Walmart got the 2001 in I'd try a upgrade, and if it didn't work out I had a spare data drive.
The Polaroid has to be about the easiest machine to upgrade there is, just shove in a drive and it formats it automatically and your done. It's just that the analog tuner is horrible with no stereo sound, though it does have a nice component input which is almost unique. I tried a European firmware on it for the Packard Bell version they sell over there and it Became a PAL tunered unit that thinks it has a SCART socket so I gave up and retired it because so far nobody has a NTSC firmware upgrade to put it back to US specs. Then the Philips came out after I tried the Digital tuner 160 gig Polaroid, which had major tuner issues, And it was way better except for mine having the QAM tuner memory problems. The newer one I picked up has a stable tuner but each try it took me 3 machines to get a stable one I was happy with.
It sounds like the Maggy version has a stable tuner and is cheaper, just missing a few inputs which some of us probably wouldn't use much, especially if you have a stable Philips to pair with it.
post #3027 of 25743 Old 01-28-2009, 03:28 AM

With my Philips 3576, for some reason I no longer receive one particular digital channel. When I do a scan it still doesn't get received. When I do a manual input of the channel number, the screen still shows blue - no reception. When I go back and do the automatic scan still no reception on that channel. Also, if I go back to the manual scan list, the channel number I put in previously is no longer there and I have to start again. I unplugged the unit for 30 minutes or so and tried automatic scan and manual input of the channel then scan but only blue screen comes up for the "lost" channel. Any suggestions - I need to get the channel back before next Monday's "24" episode! Thank you.
post #3028 of 25743 Old 01-28-2009, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrac View Post

With my Philips 3576, for some reason I no longer receive one particular digital channel. When I do a scan it still doesn't get received. When I do a manual input of the channel number, the screen still shows blue - no reception. When I go back and do the automatic scan still no reception on that channel. Also, if I go back to the manual scan list, the channel number I put in previously is no longer there and I have to start again. I unplugged the unit for 30 minutes or so and tried automatic scan and manual input of the channel then scan but only blue screen comes up for the "lost" channel. Any suggestions - I need to get the channel back before next Monday's "24" episode! Thank you.

I ran into that same situation, except it was with a new TV that wouldn't tune one digital channel group... it just needed an amp on the feed line.

Here's my story... sounds like it might work for you,too?

There's a slim chance it needs an attenuator to REDUCE the signal strength... that's discussed in the link I gave. It's usually easier to try an amp first since many people have one of those around.
post #3029 of 25743 Old 01-28-2009, 06:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAOnly802 View Post

I couldn't get my order in until 1-21, but had it shipped to home since Walmart wasn't convenient for me. Turned out great! Fedex delivered it on 1-24. It took Wal Mart 2 days to get it out of the Pa. warehouse, and only one day for Fedex to get it from Pa. to NY. Best $4.97 I ever spent.

$4.97?? That's like fourteen TY 8X DVD-R's!

Geez...even Palin's was delivered...and they had to ship it all the way to Wasilla, Alaska. My luck the Walmart truck is sitting in a ditch on I-80 stuck in the snow. We may not get snow like you up there, Palin, but this is a pretty nasty storm blowing through now.

Tracking Details

Location Date Local Time Status
Woodland, PA 01/27/2009 06:21 AM In Transit to Store
Woodland, PA 01/26/2009 07:53 AM Arrived at Delivery Facility
Sharon Springs, NY 01/23/2009 09:31 AM In Transit to Delivery Facility
Sharon Springs, NY 01/22/2009 10:43 AM Arrived at Sorting Facility

9 days transit (so far) and it was only a five and a half hour drive from my house to begin with. LOL
post #3030 of 25743 Old 01-28-2009, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Yea, if I had to order again, I'd go for the $4.97 ship to home!
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page