Magnavox 557, 537, 535, 533, 515, 513, 2160A, 2160, 2080 & Philips 3576, 3575 - Page 208 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #6211 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 01:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So Comcast for the Bay Area just went all digital. And I now have a cable box connected to my 2160. I did the auto channel tune and I don't get any of the core channels in Hd. By core I mean nbc, cbs, fox, and abc. Is this normal?
My cable box gets hd channels and they look amazing. But I want my 2160 to get them too. It use to have them before Comcast went all digital. MAybe I should get an antenna?

Also I have a panasonic dvd recorder and I did a channel tune on it and It picked up espn and espn 2. But the 2160 doesn't. Anyone know how I can get the 2160 to pick up those channels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6212 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by henree View Post

So Comcast for the Bay Area just went all digital. And I now have a cable box connected to my 2160. I did the auto channel tune and I don't get any of the core channels in Hd. By core I mean nbc, cbs, fox, and abc. Is this normal?
My cable box gets hd channels and they look amazing. But I want my 2160 to get them too. It use to have them before Comcast went all digital. MAybe I should get an antenna?

Also I have a panasonic dvd recorder and I did a channel tune on it and It picked up espn and espn 2. But the 2160 doesn't. Anyone know how I can get the 2160 to pick up those channels?

Do you have the 2160 1st on the coax, before the new cable box?

PHILIPS HD DVRs | MAG/PHILIPS SD DVDRs* | DVDR/DVR COMPARISONS | POST-DVDR OPTIONS
*Due to the AVS SW change in June 2014, most but not all links in this thread will work if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, links should work if your User CP > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show per Page is set to 30, the default.
post #6213 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

In the Mag thread here, tmwalsh tested his 2160A he just recd from J&R and it has the same problems as the Walmart units.

PHILIPS HD DVRs | MAG/PHILIPS SD DVDRs* | DVDR/DVR COMPARISONS | POST-DVDR OPTIONS
*Due to the AVS SW change in June 2014, most but not all links in this thread will work if you're not logged in. If you are logged in, links should work if your User CP > Edit Options > Number of Posts to Show per Page is set to 30, the default.
post #6214 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 11:06 AM

Back on 06-11-09, George55 reported "this is a new one for me.....Last night while we were watching a previously recorded show, I had a show being recorded on the cable PBS channel "The Big Band Era" (was supposed to be "Filmore the Last Days", guess I missed it by a few years) and a few times a window popped up on the 3576 with Error Code E26 "This Program is Not Allowed to be Recorded". The window stayed up for about 15 seconds or so then would go away. I did not watch this show yet, but the recording duration appears to still be correct so it looks like it did record."

The same show was broadcast locally last night. Friday night is set to record 7:00-11:00pm weekly on my Magnavox and this show had replaced the regular programming. My wife enjoys Big Band music so set up her Philips to record at 1:00am when the show was repeated.

- The Philips list of Timed Programs shows that recording as error-coded with E26.
- The Magnavox list of Timed Programs shows no error codes.

Both recordings were successful.

The Philips Title does not show a SlashedCD icon to indicate it is copy-protected.

There appears to be no correlation between E26 errors and copy protected Titles.
post #6215 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin09 View Post

I just received my refurbished J&R H2160 - built in December 2008. It appears to be new and showed only 4 hours on the hard drive after I had it on for almost that long. - I also have a H2160A - with lots of missing Comcast Extended basic channels.

The H2160 appears to get everything except premium channels including Comedy Central, Fox News, MSNBC and CNBC, none of which I can tune on my H2160A. - I estimate that I am getting 20 to 30 more channels on the H2160 than the H2160A...

Umm...

You ordered a machine from J&R and got a non-"A" machine?

From what we've heard, J&R has started sending out "A" units. This is surprising.

Suggests that with any current orders, you won't know what you'll get.

I hope Speedskater and tmwalsh0 run tests on their "A" units soon. I'm hoping the finalizing problem is gone. If not, that'd mean J&R are selling defective machines and may not even realize it.
post #6216 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wajo View Post

In the Mag thread here, tmwalsh tested his 2160A he just recd from J&R and it has the same problems as the Walmart units.

Oh well...

So much for that.

This stinks. Especially when they're sending out both types now and you won't know what you'll get.

I hope someone tells J&R that the "A" machines are all defective, so someone will get after Funai about sending out defective merchandise. Maybe this is a way things'll get corrected. (I also believe in the tooth fairy. )
post #6217 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastrof View Post

Umm...

I hope Speedskater and tmwalsh0 run tests on their "A" units soon. I'm hoping the finalizing problem is gone. If not, that'd mean J&R are selling defective machines and may not even realize it.

there's still the problem according to wajo's post above. yeah it's a grab bag for A and nonA units.
post #6218 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My cable box gets hd channels and they look amazing. But I want my 2160 to get them too...

The 2160 will never "get" (display) channels in HD, since it only has the ability to record and display in standard definition.

By rights it should be able to get all unscrambled QAM channels.

You scanned your digital cable feed and didn't get any unscrambled channels?
post #6219 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheaplikeafox View Post

there's still the problem according to wajo's post above...

Ummm....

Think I mentioned that.
post #6220 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:

Ummm....

Think I mentioned that.

oh I guess I was posting at the same time you were so i didn't see your reply about it. oops!
post #6221 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 11:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

If your cable box is connected first on the Comcast coax cable feed and you use the RF (threaded) connection to feed a signal to the 2160 the channel scan will find one analog channel, 3 (or 4).

If your cable box is connected first on the Comcast coax cable feed and you use the composite (yellow video and white/red audio) to feed a signal to the 2160 the channel scan will not find any channels.

The 2160 has to be first on the Comcast coax cable feed so the channel scan will find the clear QAM sub-channels.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #6222 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo View Post

If your cable box is connected first on the Comcast coax cable feed and you use the RF (threaded) connection to feed a signal to the 2160 the channel scan will find one analog channel, 3 (or 4).

If your cable box is connected first on the Comcast coax cable feed and you use the composite (yellow video and white/red audio) to feed a signal to the 2160 the channel scan will not find any channels.

The 2160 has to be first on the Comcast coax cable feed so the channel scan will find the clear QAM sub-channels.

I found ESPN and ESPN2 at 84.8 and 84.9 in the S.F. Bay Area with Comcast.

Regarding HD - I assume you have set your video aspect ratio in the setup.
post #6223 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

The clock was set for Auto, but there were no repeating timers. Just one timer set. I tested it today. If I set a timer recording for the next day, when it comes to that time it will just turn the timer off instead of starting the recording. That kind of defeats its purpose.

there was no error at the left end. The timer just completely disappears. It's only if I set a timer in advance for tomorrow, today. I also tried the manual 11:57 clock setting but it doesn't seem to work on this H2080. I think it's a defect. It automatically shuts off the timer (the red light) and then when you turn the DVDR back on, it goes through the initial setup like this is your first time turning on th DVDR. No wonder the previous owner only had it on for 3 hours! I'm exchanging it.

People with this timer/clock problem with some 2080's, requiring them turn Auto Clock OFF, might do better by setting a Manual channel for the Auto Clock search.

I know you did use the 11:57 Procedure but couldn't find a channel with a good time signal, but the Manual setting provides one important advantage: it increases your power backup time up to 4X longer, from 30 sec. to 2- 2-1/2 min. And the Manual setting doesn't have to find a good time signal, just being set is all it takes!

Just make sure you set a "benign," major-network channel like FOX and NOT a local, cableco community access channel like I did as a test... froze my 3575, changed time to next day, etc., etc. Had to pull plug to get control over the machine back! Found the rogue signal was an intermittent thing... sort of in hibernation but deadly when it was ALIVE!

In fact, that experience showed me how a full Auto Clock time search (all-channel search) COULD run into a "rogue" channel... I thought my community access channel looked harmless, had weather, time, etc.... AND a machine-eating invisible monster!

post #6224 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 03:16 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

People with this timer/clock problem with some 2080's, requiring them turn Auto Clock OFF, might do better by setting a Manual channel for the Auto Clock search.

I know you did use the 11:57 Procedure but couldn't find a channel with a good time signal, but the Manual setting provides one important advantage: it increases your power backup time up to 4X longer, from 30 sec. to 2- 2-1/2 min. And the Manual setting doesn't have to find a good time signal, just being set is all it takes!

Just make sure you set a "benign," major-network channel like FOX and NOT a local, cableco community access channel like I did as a test... froze my 3575, changed time to next day, etc., etc. Had to pull plug to get control over the machine back! Found the rogue signal was an intermittent thing... sort of in hibernation but deadly when it was ALIVE!

In fact, that experience showed me how a full Auto Clock time search (all-channel search) COULD run into a "rogue" channel... I thought my community access channel looked harmless, had weather, time, etc.... AND a machine-eating invisible monster!

Wajo,

So we should set the clock manually, and then change the AUTO CLOCK setting to MANUAL? I assume that the clock will not be messed up when the time signal is not found on the MANUAL channel?
post #6225 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have my 3575 set to manual channel 10 here as that's our PBS affiliate here in Portland and Comcast still carries it on analog channel 10. The clock has been stable and on time since I did that a while ago when we were trying to figure out what setting worked best.
They also carry the PBS HD feed on 14.3 on my unit but these older ones don't have the option to use a digital channel for the clock feed.
post #6226 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:

thanks for the info but even with the manual setting, when I set timers a day in advance, it will turn off the timer when it is time to record a program and it will also reset my DVDR so that it has to go through the initial setup procedures of scanning channels. However, if I leave my DVDR on at all times then it will record the next day timer settings. This is strange but I guess no one else has this problem so it must be a defect.
post #6227 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhi78 View Post

Wajo,

So we should set the clock manually, and then change the AUTO CLOCK setting to MANUAL? I assume that the clock will not be messed up when the time signal is not found on the MANUAL channel?

Yes, even if you've tried to find and confirm a good time signal with The 11:57 Procedure and couldn't find one, set a major-network channel, like FOX, in the "Set Channel No." box. That'll limit the time search at noon and midnight to just that channel, BUT give you 2 to 2-1/2 minutes of power backup time instead of the 30-sec. you get with Auto Clock OFF.

That setting won't affect the "really manual" time setting you made... unless the channel you select turns into "The Rogue Monster" like my local community access channel did!

Now, you've still got the fallback position of setting Auto Clock OFF if you have problems even with a single-channel time search using MANUAL.

post #6228 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

thanks for the info but even with the manual setting, when I set timers a day in advance, it will turn off the timer when it is time to record a program and it will also reset my DVDR so that it has to go through the initial setup procedures of scanning channels. However, if I leave my DVDR on at all times then it will record the next day timer settings. This is strange but I guess no one else has this problem so it must be a defect.

I presume there is some type of hardware scan and/or scan of stored setup information that occurs during a power up. It sounds like your machine detects a problem during that process and does a re-initialization.

If it still possible, I would definely return the unit ASAP.
post #6229 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenavs View Post

I presume there is some type of hardware scan and/or scan of stored setup information that occurs during a power up. It sounds like your machine detects a problem during that process and does a re-initialization.

If it still possible, I would definely return the unit ASAP.

that makes more sense. Thanks. yeah JR is letting me exchange the unit since it's within 30 days.
post #6230 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin09 View Post

I found ESPN and ESPN2 at 84.8 and 84.9 in the S.F. Bay Area with Comcast.

Regarding HD - I assume you have set your video aspect ratio in the setup.

Franklin I get those exact channels on my panasonic dvd recorder. But not on the 2160. I even entered in those numbers on the 2160 but nothing comes up. Do you get fox as 2.1 and nbc as 11.1? I use to before I upgraded
my cable box to a hd cable box.

I still think I don't have things hooked up correctly. Here is my setup.
Tell me if is matches yours.
Cable comes from wall to the coaxial "IN" of the 2160.
Cable goes from the "OUT" of the 2160 to the Cable Box "In". The cable box "Out " then goes to my hdtv. So the hierachy is, 2160 to Cablebox to the tv.
post #6231 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Franklin I get those exact channels on my panasonic dvd recorder. But not on the 2160. I even entered in those numbers on the 2160 but nothing comes up. Do you get fox as 2.1 and nbc as 11.1? I use to before I upgraded

Cable goes from the "OUT" of the 2160 to the Cable Box "In". The cable box "Out " then goes to my hdtv. So the hierachy is, 2160 to Cablebox to the tv.

If you have one of Comcast's DTA boxes, you could use The Sydyen Procedure for finding the exact "virtual" channel number the 2160 might find them on?

post #6232 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:

You have the right set up as far as it goes.

From the 2160 run another output, composite (yellow video and white/red audio), component (red, green, blue video and white/red audio), S-Video and white/red audio, or HDMI to a corresponding input on the TV. (If you use HDMI output you will have to go to the Setup menu to activate that output.) With the TV remote select the input where the 2160 is connected. Then you may view all the clear QAM channels that the 2160 provides. (The threaded RF output is an amplified pass through of the Comcast coax feed only, the 2160 does not send its own output through the RF output.)

From the Comcast STB output run a composite output to a 2160 composite input. To record from the Comcast STB select that input as the recording source.

This arrangement will provide great flexibility in recording signal sources and allow one to record one source while watching another.

"A ROSE BY ANY OTHER NAME WILL SMELL AS SWEET. BUT IT DOES NOT FOLLOW THAT WHATEVER WE CHOOSE TO CALL A ROSE WILL POSSESS THE ROSE'S FRAGRANCE."

--Benjamin Breckinridge Warfield (1917)
post #6233 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo View Post

You have the right set up as far as it goes.

From the 2160 run another output, composite (yellow video and white/red audio), component (red, green, blue video and white/red audio), S-Video and white/red audio, or HDMI to a corresponding input on the TV. (If you use HDMI output you will have to go to the Setup menu to activate that output.) With the TV remote select the input where the 2160 is connected. Then you may view all the clear QAM channels that the 2160 provides. (The threaded RF output is an amplified pass through of the Comcast coax feed only, the 2160 does not send its own output through the RF output.)

From the Comcast STB output run a composite output to a 2160 composite input. To record from the Comcast STB select that input as the recording source.

This arrangement will provide great flexibility in recording signal sources and allow one to record one source while watching another.

So I need to hook up composite cables from the 2160 "IN" to the "OUT" of the cable box. And this will allow me to record all the cable box content? Even the Hd channels?
post #6234 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 06:33 PM

Quote:

Before I try this on my own and ruin a disc, here's a question about the 2160 and 2160A.

Has anyone tried finalizing a disc from one in the other? Or putting a recording from one machine on a DVD, and then burning a recording from the other machine on the same disc?

I know with the Philips and the Maggie, you have to set both to "compatible", but before you can finalize in a different machine, you actually have to burn on the DVD using that machine before it can finalize.

Can the 2160 and 2160A be used as if they're identical? Just move discs back and forth for recording or finalizing with no extra steps taken? Anyone tried it? (Like I said, I'm hesitant to wreck a disc.)

I burned a -R disc in a refurbed 2160 and forgot to finalize it. When I realized it, I put it in a 2160A (with no timers set) and it finalized with no problem. I haven't tried to play the DVD yet but assume it will work since I didn't get an error code. I did not use "make recording compatible".
post #6235 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

So I need to hook up composite cables from the 2160 "IN" to the "OUT" of the cable box. And this will allow me to record all the cable box content? Even the Hd channels?

Maybe, maybe not.

Cable companies can insert into the signal (or the channel itself might do this) a "copy once only" or "copy never" command.

This will prevent a DVR from recording something, or allow recording "once", but not a second time. (Meaning if you made a DVD directly, you can't create a duplicate of it, or if you recorded to the hard drive, you can't create a DVD.)

Oh, and as mentioned once before, you may record the HD channels, but you won't get them in HD. SD all the way with these machines.

Whether or not you can record from ALL your channels (and make DVDs off those recordings) may well depend on your cable company.

Time Warner cable, for example, is known for blocking anything beyond "copy once" on ALL channels.
post #6236 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:

I don't have an HD TV or an HD Comcast box - but I run the cable from the wall through a splitter separately to the 2160 and the Cable Set Top Box. - I then connect the Cable box to the 2160 with RCA cables to record Comcast On Demand and HBO - The 2160 is connected to my TV through its RCA inputs which were designed for a VCR - and the RF output of the Cable box is connected to the Antenna input of my TV. This gives me quite a bit of flexibility to watch one channel while recording another.
post #6237 of 26077 Old 08-08-2009, 11:59 PM

I have given birth to a H2500MW9 A following auskck's directions.

A couple of comments:

Need both phiips and a #2 Posidrive screwdrivers. Both the Case screws and hard drive bracket screws were posidrive.

The HITACHI Deskstar P7K500 HDP725050GLA360 drive has lower power requirements than the origanal Hitachi HDT721016SLA380
5V 420 mA, 12 v 700mA

Power off and unplug let sit for a couple of minutes
Remove the lid (top cover)
Carfully detach the data cable from the top of the hard drive were it is held down by double sided tape.
Remove drive bracket 3 screws.
Carefully lift the drive and remove the tape on the bottom holding the Sata adapter to the drive.
Unplug the sata adapter.
Remove old drive from bracket 4 screws.
Remove the ground contact 1 screw.
Attach ground contact to new drive
Attach new drive to mounting bracket.
Plugin the SATA adapter.
replace the tape holding the Sata adapter to the drive bracket
Attach mounting bracket to motherboard
Press the ribbon cable onto the new Drive. I did not need to replace the doublesided tape.
Replace cover
Plugin and enjoy your 500gb Recorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by auskck View Post

Philips 3575SATA500HT Birth Procedures
Warning If you are a pessimist don't do this upgrade.
For all the Optimist Merry Upgrading and Happy Recording to all.
Equipment used:
1 Philips head screwdriver
3.5" Drive
1 HITACHI Deskstar P7K500 HDP725050GLA360 (0A35415) 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM $59.99
://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145215
Or
2.5" Drive
1 HITACHI Travelstar 5K500.B HTS545050B9A300 (0A57915) 500GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Notebook Hard Drive - Retail ://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145257&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-
1 SATA Hard Drive Adapter SATAIDE-2
Subtotal 17.88 Shipping 9.52 Tax 0.00 Total 27.40
Nice little touch to the adapter to 2 led lamps green and red
Green power on Red flashes upon data transfer takes some of the guess work out of the installation.

://www.cooldrives.com/sahadradtoid.html

1 IDE ribbon cable extender $6.89
Note: Not required for 2.5" drive installation
://www.southernhillscomputer.com/ide40idsmato.html
Ellectrical tape (small piece)

Installation procedure:
Please do yourself a favor, take your time it's going to work
Power off and unplug let sit for a couple of minutes
Remove the lid (top cover)
Remove ribbon and power cables. Remove drive bracket 3 screws. Remove old drive from bracket 4 screws. Attach new drive to mounting bracket.
Remove jumper from adapter (very important)
Note:Align the notches on the ribbon cable when attaching
Connect male end of IDE ribbon extender cable to the DVR's HDD pcb board 40 pin (not required for 2.5" drive)
Connect female end IDE ribbon extender cable to the adapter 40 pin (not required for 2.5" drive)
For 2.5" drive DVR's HDD pcb board 40 pin to adapter
Connect power cable to adapter.
Connect adapter to the new SATA drive
Attach 3.5" drive to mounting bracket
Replace mounting bracket note (you may only be able to use 2 screws can't get to top screw with adapter installed(arthritis))
Place a piece of electrical tape over the dvr HDD pcb. Tuck the PCB in a safe place
Fold ribbon cable flat (not required for 2.5" drive)
A small piece of Velcro Tape will hold the little 2.5" drive in place
Plug in and turn on
To format your new drive
Perform Skip 0-7-9 as per thread notes.
://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=12355769#post12355769

After testing replace lid and secure it
Your done "Happy Recording"

Note: This will be the main post for the Philips 3575SATA500HT news and information I will update this post as required with new information.
Recording Capacity reported as 212hr 58min in SP mode
Ridata +R 16x size 4080mb length 1:59hrs HSD :29 elapsed
Ridata +R 16x size 3339mb length 1:38hrs HSD :28 elapsed
Memorex +R 16x size 3303 mb length 1:37hrs HSD :28 elapsed
Memorex +R 16x size 3723 mb length 1:49hrs HSD :28 elapsed
Memorex +R 16x size 2869 mb length 1:24hrs HSD :24 elapsed
Functions tested:
Record, delete, edit, HS dub, playback, FF, REW, FFW, next, prev
All performed without a hitch.
Has been powered up and running for 48hr straight
HDD temperature is warm only
All functions running to spec.
Over 40 hrs of recording now
Has been powered up for 4 days straight now
Absolutely no problems at this time
Has survived 3 power failures so far
200904041444 Hot Hot Hot
A release for ESATA drives is on the horizon coming soon
This concludes the testing of the 3.5" drive
*** HOT ****
Starting new testing with 2.5" 500gb sata drive
://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822145257&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-
There is no heat, power supply problems with this drive, note no additional ribbon cable required for installation
IMO this drive will never tax the DVR's power supply or anything else. (less power and less heat than a standard drive)
://s569.photobucket.com/albums/ss136/auskck/?action=view&current=IDESATA25.jpg
Internal testing of sata drives has stopped
All testing is being conducted on external esata drives.
See
://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=16351312#post16351312
Pessimist comments are encouraged.

post #6238 of 26077 Old 08-09-2009, 12:32 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

A good time to remind people with large HDD upgrades or multiple external HDDs of the benefits of the INFO/DISPLAY menu for playing titles by number.

Instead of paging thru multiple titles in the 6-title grid of index pics, open the INFO/DISPLAY menu and use the Search/Play function as described here... basically, enter the title number in the "T" section at the top of the menu and that title starts playing from its beginning.

With a database or simple list of titles, all you need is the title number, like HDD #3, Title 79.

post #6239 of 26077 Old 08-09-2009, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

A good time to remind people with large HDD upgrades or multiple external HDDs of the benefits of the INFO/DISPLAY menu for playing titles by number.

Instead of paging thru multiple titles in the 6-title grid of index pics, open the INFO/DISPLAY menu and use the Search/Play function as described here... basically, enter the title number in the "T" section at the top of the menu and that title starts playing from its beginning.

With a database or simple list of titles, all you need is the title number, like HDD #3, Title 79.

Thanks wajo, completely forgot about this procedure. Makes life even easier
post #6240 of 26077 Old 08-09-2009, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

FYI:Just ordered the sataide adapter that was advertised on this thread. Will be testing and report results once it arrives.
http://www.centrix-intl.com/details....FRJxxwodAHbMeA
Reply DVD Recorders (Standard Def)

Tags
Magnavox Mdr515h 500gb Hdd And Dvd R With Digital Tuner
Gear in this thread - Mdr515h by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page